Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles Meyer

Default Looking for power switch for a power hacksaw

My dad gave me a Model Machine Works (Glendale, CA) power hacksaw and I
am in the process of cleaning it up.

The saw has a clyndrical power switch (about 3" dia x 2.5" tall) with
two vertical buttons (on & off). When the saw finish its cut, a lever on
the saw arm pushes the black OFF button and the saw turns off.

The switch is maked 1/4HP 125V and the logo of CH. I presume this means
Cutler and Hammer. I have searched Cutler and Hammer's web site listings
of vintage switches but none like this shows up.

Picture of switch:
http://members.cox.net/crmeyer/switch.jpg

My problem is the switch base is partially broken. Any thoughts on where
I could find a replacement one of these? Or any idea of a part number?
In the worst case I could use an enclosed toggle switch provided it had
good enough repeatability. But it would be nice to find an equivalent
switch.

Thanks

Charles
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson

Hey Charles,

Good Luck on finding that part. If you don't, why not repair what you
have?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:31:00 -0800, Charles Meyer
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can't help with the part, but I would be interested in a pic of the
switch mounted on the saw and how it is actuated by the lever.

How broken up is the base? Could it be welded or a new one fabricated?
Nice round base shouldn't be hard to lathe up!

Zed

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JB Weld?

A Power Switch William Werezak Electronics Repair 4 November 17th 05 06:37 PM
Power Supply Repair fernando1222 Electronics Repair 0 June 7th 05 09:18 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
is there a whole-house automatic generator transfer switch? reality intrudes Home Repair 6 September 26th 04 11:04 PM
how to rewire bathroom pull switch to regular light switch Nick UK diy 20 January 20th 04 07:57 PM