DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   getting started with CNC (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/137584-re-getting-started-cnc.html)

Cliff December 29th 05 10:57 AM

getting started with CNC

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:50:46 -0800, "Charles Ackerman"
wrote:

I just purchased an Emco Maier CNC PC lathe, and
want to get started with basic CNC coding. Is there an
inexpensive, shareware or freeware application that
will let me make simple drawings, convert the drawing
to code, and send it to the lathe? I'm pretty good
figuring out software applications, but there seems
to be a big jump to learn CAD/CAM. Any suggestions
are most appreciated - CKA

Crossposted to rec.crafts.metalworking & alt.machines.cnc

Also broke up into multiple lines from one long one ...

HTH
--
Cliff