DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   air compressors (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/137242-air-compressors.html)

[email protected] December 27th 05 07:29 AM

air compressors

Does anyone have any views of clarke or erp air compressors.

Thanks

Don Foreman December 27th 05 05:12 PM

air compressors

On 26 Dec 2005 23:29:47 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone have any views of clarke or erp air compressors.

Thanks

Yes. Clarke: erp! Very cheaply made.

Christopher Tidy December 28th 05 12:17 AM

air compressors

Don Foreman wrote:
On 26 Dec 2005 23:29:47 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone have any views of clarke or erp air compressors.

Thanks

Yes. Clarke: erp! Very cheaply made.

I agree with Don. Clarke stuff varies a bit (I don't think they make it
themselves) but you'll usually struggle to find stuff which is more
cheaply made. Naturally the kind of compressor you want will depend on
what you want to use it for, but be aware that Clarke is regarded as the
most el-cheapo of el-cheapo. I can't comment on Erp.

Chris

[email protected] December 28th 05 07:24 AM

air compressors

Could you suggest any decent makes please.

Thanks again

Don Foreman December 28th 05 04:58 PM

air compressors

On 27 Dec 2005 23:24:32 -0800, wrote:

Could you suggest any decent makes please.

Thanks again

Quincy is the best or among the best. They're pricey if bought new,
but don't be afraid to buy a used or surplus Quincy if you can find
one.

(Ignoramus, hold your brags unless you're willing to find this guy
one. )

Sanborn and Ingersoll make some reasonably good units for home shop
use.

I've been very pleased with my American IMC.