DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   source for t-slot table? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/135343-source-t-slot-table.html)

[email protected] December 12th 05 06:13 PM

source for t-slot table?

hi!

i am looking for a t-slot table/plate with roughly 36"x12"x2"
dimensions. cast iron or steel. does anyone have any tips where to find
such a table?

thank you,
-p

Ron Moore December 12th 05 07:31 PM

source for t-slot table?

Look for a dead mill, surface grinder, etc, to get a table from. A friend
went to an auction and bought a monsterous old h-mill base for $40. Got a
10' X 2' x 4" slotted table out of that and left the base. The base was set
in concrete and I heard that a 20,000lb fork lift tried to jar it loose and
only shook the neighborhood.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

ps.com...

[email protected] December 12th 05 07:36 PM

source for t-slot table?

my location is Los Angeles. i need the table for a home-biud cnc mill
and the dimensions i posted are just aprox. - i realize that i won't
find a table with these exact dimensions.

i was thinking about a table off an old machine too but haven't found
anything usefull online. do you have some links?

thanks,
-p

Tim Wescott December 12th 05 07:53 PM

source for t-slot table?

wrote:

my location is Los Angeles. i need the table for a home-biud cnc mill
and the dimensions i posted are just aprox. - i realize that i won't
find a table with these exact dimensions.

i was thinking about a table off an old machine too but haven't found
anything usefull online. do you have some links?

thanks,
-p

Might be easier to get an old mill (with table) rebuild/recondition it,
then add CNC.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

daniel peterman December 12th 05 07:58 PM

source for t-slot table?

Gerber uses a table like that on the cnc routers. Aluminum mostly

Gunner Asch December 12th 05 10:32 PM

source for t-slot table?

On 12 Dec 2005 11:36:15 -0800, wrote:

my location is Los Angeles. i need the table for a home-biud cnc mill
and the dimensions i posted are just aprox. - i realize that i won't
find a table with these exact dimensions.

i was thinking about a table off an old machine too but haven't found
anything usefull online. do you have some links?

thanks,
-p

Ayup....take a trip down Union Pacific Ave, or Santa Fe street..look
over all the back fences of the shops and machine tool dealers at the
bone yards in the back..and make em an offer of about $0.1 a pound, if
you take the table off the carcass yourself.

Bring Kroil, big hammer, and a radio to listen to KFI while figuring
out how to get a table off.

If this fails...drop me an email. You will still have to take it off
yourself, when I find you something..or pay me to do it.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner