DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Metal for backhoe (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/135198-metal-backhoe.html)

RJ December 11th 05 09:17 PM

Metal for backhoe

In the process of designing a backhoe for my Bobcat. What metal is
suggested for the booms and the frame? As always there will be a trade off
between price, weight and strength. Would appreciate input from those in
the know. Digging depth about 11 feet, design similar to a Bradco 611.
Would also buy the same if I could find a used one at a used price ( cheap )

Rick

Doug December 11th 05 10:14 PM

Metal for backhoe

are u doing the scoop you have to sit in the skid steer seat to move,
or a more real backhoe attachment???
check ebay. you can get them used cheaper then you can build them for.