DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   High temp light diffusing paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/134700-re-high-temp-light-diffusing-paint.html)

Glenn December 8th 05 12:17 AM

High temp light diffusing paint?

"Ignoramus8325" wrote in message

I have metal halide fixtures that have a clear glass. I would like to
make some sort of a light diffucing glass and am curious if there are
any paints or coatings that stick to glass and are white and diffise
light.

Something like chalk paste or some such (which I can make myself in a
blender if it is suitable).

Just go to a craft store and get some mirror etch for etching mirrors. It
does a nice job of frosting the glass. It is a paste acid etch of some
kind.
Glenn