DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cinc , L&W spindle tapers? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/13424-cinc-l-w-spindle-tapers.html)

Bill Bright December 10th 03 02:09 PM

Cinc , L&W spindle tapers?

Can anybody tell me what taper of spindles were used in Cincinnati dividing
heads and L&W dividing heads? I would apprieciate it.

Thank you
Bill

Uncle Lucky December 11th 03 12:40 AM

Cinc , L&W spindle tapers?

First guess off the top of my head is Brown & Sharpe taper 9 or larger.
Sorry can't be of more help...
Now Great-Uncle Lucky

Dick Streff December 11th 03 02:03 AM

Cinc , L&W spindle tapers?

I don't know about the Cincinnati, but I have a larger 10" or so L+W. I
believe it has a Brown & Sharpe #11 spindle. If necessary I can verify
that later.

Dick