DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What should I set my MIG gas meter to? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/133486-what-should-i-set-my-mig-gas-meter.html)

SteveB November 30th 05 12:59 AM

What should I set my MIG gas meter to?

Just wondering. I tend to use it at around 10 with no wind, and 15 if there
is air movement. What's correct?

STeve

Don Foreman November 30th 05 07:35 AM

What should I set my MIG gas meter to?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:59:50 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

Just wondering. I tend to use it at around 10 with no wind, and 15 if there
is air movement. What's correct?

STeve

Correct is what works in a given situation. Truth is in the weld.

xmradio November 30th 05 08:14 AM

wrote:

Just wondering. I tend to use it at around 10 with no wind, and 15 if
there
is air movement. What's correct?

STeve

Correct is what works in a given situation. Truth is in the

weld.

10 psi sounds about right.

I have a flow meter on mine...

When I on/off the trigger, I get a "puff" of gass, stick out is about 3/8 or
so pressing against a block of wood, pressing the trigger....

too much gas cools the weld...to little gas....bead don't look good, and its
harder to make a bead...

pratice

xman

Nick Müller November 30th 05 08:16 AM

SteveB wrote:

I tend to use it at around 10 with no wind, and 15 if there
is air movement.

10 of what?
How thick is your wire?

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

Gunner Asch December 3rd 05 11:24 AM

wrote:

Just wondering. I tend to use it at around 10 with no wind, and 15 if there
is air movement. What's correct?

STeve

You got it.

In wind, use flux core.