Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Default Anyone familiar with the Hougen 10912 magnetic drill?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a used Hougen 10912 magnetic drill. Looks to be a
good, solid machine. Anyone familiar with the model and know if it's any
good? I'd be glad to hear if anyone has strong opinions.

Best wishes,

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have an HMD904 and also a magnetic frame drill made by Hougen that
takes Rotoloc cutters. I would not trade them for anything. They are
invaluable if you drill alot of holes. Also, if you have a mill you can
get an R8 arbor for the mill and use them. The cutters are pricey
though at around 3-400 a set.

If you need cutters call Mike Manning at North State Supply in Buffalo,
New York. Tell him Steve in KY told you to call him. He is a great guy
and his prices cannot be beat.

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks, Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article ,
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a used Hougen 10912 magnetic drill. Looks to be a
good, solid machine. Anyone familiar with the model and know if it's any
good? I'd be glad to hear if anyone has strong opinions.

Best wishes,

Chris

Great drills.

I snag my Roto-broach cutters from ebay.

--
"I love deadlines, especially the wooshing sound they make as
they fly by" - Douglas Adams