DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   inexpensive linear bushing? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/12901-inexpensive-linear-bushing.html)

MBS November 17th 03 10:15 PM

inexpensive linear bushing?

I am trying to achieve low friction linear motion as economical as
possible because this will be a mass produced part. Picture a 1/2"
diameter aluminum rod that needs to slide about 9" through a low
friction bushing (bushing about 1.5" L). There will be around 90
pound/inch radial torque moment on the bushing from the rod but still
need linear slide. I have checked into linear bearings and Frelon
bearings but the cost is prohibitive. What are my best
material/product options for low friction economical solution
(lubrication not possible)? BTW, the rod could be stainless steel or
some other material??

Thanks!
Bailey--

tony November 17th 03 11:04 PM

inexpensive linear bushing?

for low speeds i'd recommend
www.garlockbearings.com
i think they're a BFGoodrich company.

no affiliation, have used their bearings before.
inexpensive, and i think they will make small batches
for special sizes if they dont have something that
fits your application.

-tony