DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tavor (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/128664-re-tavor.html)

Gunner November 10th 05 03:46 AM

Tavor

http://www.defense-update.com/directory/tavor.htm

Metal content

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Offbreed November 11th 05 02:21 PM

Tavor

David R. Birch wrote:

I says it can be operated with either hand, looks like a southpaw would
have brass bouncing off his cheek, a common problem with bullpups.

Ha.

Looks like a southpaw would get some brass down his throat if he shot
with his mouth open.

Like if he was panting after running.

David R. Birch November 11th 05 02:50 PM

Tavor

Gunner wrote:

http://www.defense-update.com/directory/tavor.htm

Metal content

Gunner

I says it can be operated with either hand, looks like a southpaw
would have brass bouncing off his cheek, a common problem with
bullpups. The Frog Bugle can be quickly modified to lefthand
operation by field stripping and reassembling it differently.

I've always wanted to build a bullpup from an FAL receiver.

David

steamer November 11th 05 05:52 PM

Tavor

--It's a cultural thing over there; if you wipe your ass with your
right hand you're shunned. Not a whole lot of sympathy for lefties, heh.
No surprise it turns up in the design of weapons. Unfortunately there's a
lot of this bias in other nation's weapon designs too; unfortunate, as it
now looks like righties and lefties share the planet 50-50. We'd have a
military advantage if we designed ambidextrous weapons.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Bummed to be living in the
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Golden Age of Bull****...

E.B. November 11th 05 06:02 PM

Tavor

I'll run my ad again: For Sale: FAMAS G2. Never been fired. Dropped
once.