DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sherline milling "collet" (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/128418-sherline-milling-collet.html)

Don Stauffer November 8th 05 03:50 PM

Sherline milling "collet"

There used to be an accessory for the Sherline lathe for doing milling.
It held the mill with a setscrew. It was NOT a drawbar collet. I never
got around to getting one before. My usual source of Sherline
accessories no longer sells any Sherline stuff. I want to do a lot of
milling now, and need one of those gadgets.

I went on line and did a google search for this accessory and could not
find any. What exactly was it called, and who handles it now?

Robert Swinney November 8th 05 04:36 PM

Sherline milling "collet"

Don,

Check www.Sherline.com

Resp.

Bob Swinney

Chuck Sherwood November 8th 05 04:58 PM

Sherline milling "collet"

I went on line and did a google search for this accessory and could not
find any. What exactly was it called, and who handles it now?

go to www.sherline.com and look under mill accessories.

You will pay list price but you will have it quickly.
Not sure how much discount dealers are giving these days anyway.

Perry Murlless November 8th 05 11:40 PM

Sherline milling "collet"

Try Discount Campus, they offer the usual 15% discount and all their
Sherline products are drop-shipped to you directly from Sherline.
http://www.discountcampus.com/store/sher_sep2.htm

Fred R November 9th 05 12:46 AM

Sherline milling "collet"

Don Stauffer wrote:
There used to be an accessory for the Sherline lathe for doing milling.
It held the mill with a setscrew. It was NOT a drawbar collet. I never
got around to getting one before. My usual source of Sherline
accessories no longer sells any Sherline stuff. I want to do a lot of
milling now, and need one of those gadgets.

I went on line and did a google search for this accessory and could not
find any. What exactly was it called, and who handles it now?

Take a look at eBay Item 7561198037

If this is what you mean but you need a different size, just look at
sellers other items.

--
Fred R