DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/128064-servo-shift-good-reason-stay-away-1969-leblond.html)

doug November 6th 05 02:05 AM

Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond?

Are parts available for the servo-shift? At a reasonable price? Is
the added complexity and potential repair cost of the servo-shift a
good reason to stay away from these lathes?

Thanks Doug

[email protected] November 6th 05 02:09 AM

Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond?

Servo-Shift is what makes the later LeBlonds so great. Jump all over it
if the price is rightt and it has the 2-3/16" spindle hole. I bought
one new and don't know of any 15" lathe I would trade it for.
Leigh@Marmachine

doug November 6th 05 02:47 AM

Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond?

Its a 14x30 with a 1.5" spindle.

Doug

Karl Townsend November 6th 05 09:18 AM

Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond?

Its a 14x30 with a 1.5" spindle.

This is the exact lathe I learned to machine with. Its one fine lathe.

Karl

Steve Lusardi November 6th 05 11:42 AM

Is the Servo-Shift a good reason to stay away from a 1969 Leblond?

Doug,
LeBlond Lathes are Cadillacs, like Lodge & Shipley. They are sooo much
better than the competition, you should not hesitate.
Steve

oups.com...