DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Semi OT_But Lots of Metal (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/127876-semi-ot_but-lots-metal.html)

Jeff Wisnia November 4th 05 04:17 PM

Semi OT_But Lots of Metal

Another of those funny industrial accident screwup series.

This one's on China Air:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/t..._plane_fun.pps

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

gfulton November 5th 05 02:16 AM

Semi OT_But Lots of Metal

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
et...
Another of those funny industrial accident screwup series.

This one's on China Air:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/t..._plane_fun.pps

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Same outfit that had another 747's #2 engine fan blades_badly_damaged by
ingesting something. Was so out of balance that they couldn't run the
engine. Was dispatched from China with #2 shutdown and the fan secured to
the first stage stator vanes with seat belts from the cabin to prevent it
windmilling and shaking itself out of the engine mounts. On a revenue flight
with passengers, mind you. Landed in Germany and the Germans impounded it
until it was fixed. Man, what a bunch of maroons. I'd take the bus before
getting on one of theirs. Wish I could have heard what the Germans said
when they saw it.

Bruce L. Bergman November 5th 05 06:05 AM

Semi OT_But Lots of Metal

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:17:36 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Another of those funny industrial accident screwup series.

This one's on China Air:

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/t..._plane_fun.pps

Jeff

Oh, Jeez... ;-) Look up "Cluster Fsck" in the dictionary...

-- Bruce --