DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drill Speed / HP / Trust Chart for Steel (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/127785-drill-speed-hp-trust-chart-steel.html)

Joe AutoDrill November 3rd 05 07:14 PM

Drill Speed / HP / Trust Chart for Steel

Drilling Mild Steel... Anyone have online sources for such a chart? I have
one on my site, but someone actually convinced my customer he needs a
tremendous amount of HP for a simple hole. He asked for outside sources of
info backing up my quote so... I need a chart from someone else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Ned Simmons November 3rd 05 08:11 PM

Drill Speed / HP / Trust Chart for Steel

In article Zjtaf.3591$y23.393@trndny08,
says...
Drilling Mild Steel... Anyone have online sources for such a chart? I have
one on my site, but someone actually convinced my customer he needs a
tremendous amount of HP for a simple hole. He asked for outside sources of
info backing up my quote so... I need a chart from someone else.

Machinery's Handbook has formulas, in the section titled
"Machining Power," that will allow you to build a new table
(in Excel?), or to verify the figures in your current
table.

Ned Simmons

Joe AutoDrill November 3rd 05 08:18 PM

Drill Speed / HP / Trust Chart for Steel

Machinery's Handbook has formulas, in the section titled
"Machining Power," that will allow you to build a new table
(in Excel?), or to verify the figures in your current
table.

Ned,

My thoughts exactly... And much appreciated tip... But he is not a
technical-type and it's all "Greek" to him... He is looking for something
similar to this online or in print that I can fax him:

http://www.multi-drill.com/drill-speed-chart.htm

But, of course, not created by me. :)

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Relz November 3rd 05 08:19 PM

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Drilling Mild Steel... Anyone have online sources for such a chart? I
have one on my site, but someone actually convinced my customer he needs a
tremendous amount of HP for a simple hole. He asked for outside sources
of info backing up my quote so... I need a chart from someone else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Hey Joe,

Do you provide custom multiple spindle drill heads? I have a need for one
that will drill 6 holes at once and was considering a Sugino, but I will
take a look at other bids.

If you're interested, let me know and we can talk over the details.

Relz

Wayne Lundberg November 3rd 05 08:41 PM

Drill Speed / HP / Trust Chart for Steel

To find the Required Horsepower (HPc), please enter the Depth of Cut (D),
the Width of Cut in inches(W), the Inches Per Minute (IPM), and the K
constant (See Below )

.. HPc=(D x W x IPM) / K

HPc= D= W= IPM= K=

Material K
Aluminum 4.0 plus
Brass soft 3.0
Brass hard 2.0
Bronze hard 1.4
Bronze very hard .65

Cast iron (up to 200 BHN) 1.50

Cast iron (over 200 BHN) 1.00

Malleable iron 1.25
Steel (100 BHN) .80
Steel (150 BHN) .70
Steel (200 BHN) .65
Steel (250 BHN) .60
Steel (300 BHN) .55
Steel (400 BHN) .50
http://www.valenite.com/SANDVIK/4558...3FOpenDocument

Joe AutoDrill November 3rd 05 08:58 PM

Drill Speed / HP / Trust Chart for Steel

Hey Joe,

Do you provide custom multiple spindle drill heads? I have a need for one
that will drill 6 holes at once and was considering a Sugino, but I will
take a look at other bids.

If you're interested, let me know and we can talk over the details.

Relz

I'd be glad to quote it...

Give me a call and/or check out the multi-drill site URL below. Mention the
newsgroup so I know who I'm talking to when you call. Just ask for Joe, Jr.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244