Rob Hammond

Default Spring Identification

Would anyone know of the description of the spring pictured at

www.vici.demon.co.uk

.... and where I could buy a few of them?

Regards
Rob

Cliff Knight

I don't know what they are properly called--however I've seen them in the
textile industry, in several size ranges, used to hold yarn spiral wound
("universal wound") on cardboard, phenolic, or metal tubes for both winding
and paying off into other processes (from "creels").

You may want to look around at textile manufacturer's (and supplier's)
sites.

-cliff knight-

"Rob Hammond" wrote in message

Would anyone know of the description of the spring pictured at

www.vici.demon.co.uk

... and where I could buy a few of them?

Regards
Rob

Stan Schaefer

Rob Hammond wrote in message ...
Would anyone know of the description of the spring pictured at

www.vici.demon.co.uk

... and where I could buy a few of them?

Regards
Rob

How big is it? I've seen similar things on ends of some
fasteners(auto-related). The ones I've seen were maybe 5/16" long.

Stan
Rob Hammond

Hi Stan

I'd be looking for some with max o.d. about 11/16 so the length would be
about 2 to 3 inches I suppose.

In message , Stan
Schaefer writes