DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Milltronics vs Cincinnati sabre (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/126794-milltronics-vs-cincinnati-sabre.html)

[email protected] October 27th 05 10:21 PM

Milltronics vs Cincinnati sabre

I am looking to buy a used machining center. Milltronics Partner 1's
1990-1993 go for about $12-14k. Cincinnati Sabre 750's ,same years, go
for $8-10K. The Cincinnati would seem to be a better machine - linear
ways,almost twice the weight. Could anyone give me a pro and con
comparison of the 2, with some idea of what may be needed in repair
costs (mechanical items - spindle bearings, linear ways) as well as
controller programming comparisons?

Karl Townsend October 28th 05 01:35 AM

Milltronics vs Cincinnati sabre

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am looking to buy a used machining center. Milltronics Partner 1's
1990-1993 go for about $12-14k. Cincinnati Sabre 750's ,same years, go
for $8-10K. The Cincinnati would seem to be a better machine - linear
ways,almost twice the weight. Could anyone give me a pro and con
comparison of the 2, with some idea of what may be needed in repair
costs (mechanical items - spindle bearings, linear ways) as well as
controller programming comparisons?

I talked to my son about this...

He thinks early milltronics weren't extremely well made machines. Their
recent stuff is better.

The Cinci iron is excellent. Control is a POS, breaks a lot and parts are a
killer. That's what holds the value down. Now, if you'd retrofit that old
Cinci with a new control you'd have something. This is NOT a small task.

To me, I think you could do better than these prices for these machines. But
the area you're in is everything.

Karl