William Wixon

Default shop music?

oh! when i read "cw would be easy to ignore" i assumed you all were
referring to "continuous wave" ("morse code")
http://www.netwalk.com/~fsv/CWguide.htm and i was like "huh! wow! the
guy listens to ham radio morse code while working in the shop! huh!" but
just now i was starting to think you all were referring to "country western"
(?)

b.w.

"Randy Replogle" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 00:51:34 GMT, Ken Sterling (Ken Sterling) wrote:

I listen to CW in the shop, not too loud, but don't "hear" much of
it as I kinda tune it out when I'm working on something. ........
Ken.

CW would be easy to ignore.
Randy

carl mciver

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
SNIP

| I heard an interview that singer of love songs Barry White couldn't
| have the radio on when he was making love. He'd get up and start
listening
| to the music. "Whoops".
|
| LLB
| (brass instrument repair)
|
| I have the same problem with having a TV on in the background.
|
| Gunner

I did it once. Will never again let that happen, as my wife watched me
watching TV while doing my thing long enough to get her really, really
****ed off! Ruined the rest of the evening, for sure!

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 05:11:34 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "carl
mciver" quickly quoth:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
SNIP

| I heard an interview that singer of love songs Barry White couldn't
| have the radio on when he was making love. He'd get up and start
listening
| to the music. "Whoops".
|
| LLB
| (brass instrument repair)
|
| I have the same problem with having a TV on in the background.
|
| Gunner

I did it once. Will never again let that happen, as my wife watched me
watching TV while doing my thing long enough to get her really, really
****ed off! Ruined the rest of the evening, for sure!

Guys, if you can allow yourself to be that distracted while making
love, you should either be: 1) doing those things, or 2) getting a new
woman, or 3) both.

P.S: Barry White deserves to be listening to the radio as suitable
punishment for his crimes against nature.

--------------------------------------
PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development
Gunner Asch

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:11:42 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

| I have the same problem with having a TV on in the background.
|
| Gunner

I did it once. Will never again let that happen, as my wife watched me
watching TV while doing my thing long enough to get her really, really
****ed off! Ruined the rest of the evening, for sure!

Guys, if you can allow yourself to be that distracted while making
love, you should either be: 1) doing those things, or 2) getting a new
woman, or 3) both.

P.S: Barry White deserves to be listening to the radio as suitable
punishment for his crimes against nature.

After 30 yrs of punching the same old hole in the same old worn out
machine...it becomes sorta like working on an assembly line...and you
go on auto pilot.
And with advancing age...one may actually start looking forwards to
the break bell.

Which is why lots of folks start looking for a younger coworker to
help make things interesting again.

Shrug

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Christopher Tidy

wrote:

| I have the same problem with having a TV on in the background.
|
| Gunner

I did it once. Will never again let that happen, as my wife watched me
watching TV while doing my thing long enough to get her really, really
****ed off! Ruined the rest of the evening, for sure!

Guys, if you can allow yourself to be that distracted while making
love, you should either be: 1) doing those things, or 2) getting a new
woman, or 3) both.

P.S: Barry White deserves to be listening to the radio as suitable
punishment for his crimes against nature.

After 30 yrs of punching the same old hole in the same old worn out
machine...it becomes sorta like working on an assembly line...and you
go on auto pilot.
And with advancing age...one may actually start looking forwards to
the break bell.

Or you buy one of those machines with variable stroke, attack and dwell,
which you showed us a while back :-).

Chris

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:23:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:11:42 -0800, Larry Jaques
Guys, if you can allow yourself to be that distracted while making
love, you should either be: 1) doing those things, or 2) getting a new
woman, or 3) both.

After 30 yrs of punching the same old hole in the same old worn out
machine...it becomes sorta like working on an assembly line...and you
go on auto pilot.

Hell's Bells, man. Flip her over and try it again. Better, yeah?
(Hey, if it's good enough for the Greeks...) domg

And with advancing age...one may actually start looking forwards to
the break bell.

Unfortunately, I grok that in its entirety.

Which is why lots of folks start looking for a younger coworker to
help make things interesting again.

Quite true. A pair of 22s would sure beat a 44...if you have
the _stamina_. Women who like men 2x their age are hard to find, so
I'm still waiting for Orwell's Feelies technology to materialize.
http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/blow/blow3.html

--------------------------------------
PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development
brassbend

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:23:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 04:11:42 -0800, Larry Jaques
Guys, if you can allow yourself to be that distracted while making
love, you should either be: 1) doing those things, or 2) getting a new
woman, or 3) both.

After 30 yrs of punching the same old hole in the same old worn out
machine...it becomes sorta like working on an assembly line...and you
go on auto pilot.

Hell's Bells, man. Flip her over and try it again. Better, yeah?
(Hey, if it's good enough for the Greeks...) domg

Mah ol' grandaddy always sait, "Boy, don't ever turn anyone down, except
young boys, turn them face down."

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:04:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[...]

My 74 yr old Dad commented some time back, that even if there is a
rubber knife in the jam jar..you can still lick the lid.

Feelies would make everso much sense..and would likely be a far
cheaper date.
And wouldnt puke on you.
Gunner

--------------------------------------
PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:31:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:04:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
Quite true. A pair of 22s would sure beat a 44...if you have
the _stamina_. Women who like men 2x their age are hard to find, so
I'm still waiting for Orwell's Feelies technology to materialize.
http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/blow/blow3.html

My 74 yr old Dad commented some time back, that even if there is a
rubber knife in the jam jar..you can still lick the lid.

? I'm not sure I grok that one.

Feelies would make everso much sense..and would likely be a far
cheaper date.

Ayup. I cannot WAIT! Did you get itchy watching Final Fantasy?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173840/ How about Jessica
Rabbit? "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." snicker
Cartoons are fun, VR is almost there, but now to add touch and
smell...

And wouldnt puke on you.

Ah, I see that you've dated drunken wimmenz, too. That can sure ruin
the moment, wot?

--------------------------------------
PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:26:56 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

My 74 yr old Dad commented some time back, that even if there is a
rubber knife in the jam jar..you can still lick the lid.

? I'm not sure I grok that one.

If your dick wont get hard..you can still eat pussy and satisfy the
lady.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

pyotr filipivich

Let the record show that Larry Jaques wrote
back on Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:26:56 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 05:31:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:04:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
Quite true. A pair of 22s would sure beat a 44...if you have
the _stamina_. Women who like men 2x their age are hard to find, so
I'm still waiting for Orwell's Feelies technology to materialize.
http://www.strike-the-root.com/3/blow/blow3.html

My 74 yr old Dad commented some time back, that even if there is a
rubber knife in the jam jar..you can still lick the lid.

? I'm not sure I grok that one.

"Wait till you're older son, you'll understand."

Although I heard it as "If you can't cut the mustard, you can still
lick the jar."
--
pyotr filipivich.
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:30:31 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner
Asch quickly quoth:

wrote:

My 74 yr old Dad commented some time back, that even if there is a
rubber knife in the jam jar..you can still lick the lid.

? I'm not sure I grok that one.

If your dick wont get hard..you can still eat pussy and satisfy the
lady.

Oh, OK.

As the French say, "If you can't join 'em, lick 'em!"

PESSIMIST: An optimist with experience
www.diversify.com - Web Database Development
Ken Cutt

If your dick wont get hard..you can still eat pussy and satisfy the
lady.

Gunner

Point her head down hill and let gravity , well you get the point :-)
Ken Cutt