jim rozen

Default Remember that satallite?

The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg

Jim

please reply to:

Loren Coe

In article , jim rozen wrote:
The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg Jim

well, at least they set it out by the trash container. or
is that a re-cycling cart? --Loren

michael

jim rozen wrote:

The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg

Jim

Reminds me of reading the book for my driver's ed class, uhmm, a *few*
years ago. As an example of how not to write an accident report it said
something like,"I was proceeding along the hiway when the steamroller
suddenly darted out from a side road..." Wonder if the perp in this case
had a similar kind of enlightened rationalization.

michael

Roy

That sort of reminds me of when I was a kid of abaout 13 or 14 and
used to use my dads small one ton roller they used for small asphalt
jobs and such , after school if it was in the yard to go roll folks
lawns with after the winter season was gone to make the frost
upheavals etc smooth out and make the lawns nice and flat and make a
buck or two. I had a lawn to do which was located down the hill from
our house. I never gave it a second thought,. Put it in gear and
headed to the job down the asphalt roadway, came to the hill and
started down the steep long grade. It kept getting faster and faster,
and the brakes did not mean a thing. It actually seemed to go faster
when I put on the brakes........steering did not mean much either as
it was pretty well dead set on going in the direction it wanted to go.
Tried to use reverse to slow it, and I swear it actually seemed to go
even faster down that hill. It did eventually come to a stop on its
side with a good case of road rash just like I got, not counting the
belt rash I got from my dad when he had to go get his roller. Wild
ride, and not one that I would want to make again.

I would suspect that this is what happened to this roller, as its
mainly on brick pavers unless it fell from a trailer. Since it appears
to be in europe somewhere its bound to have some grades in the roadway
as well.

On 1 Nov 2003 19:34:19 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

===The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
===fixture? Well I think something similar happened he
===
===http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg
===
===Jim
===
=============================================== ======
=== please reply to:
===JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com
=============================================== ======

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Nick Hull

In article Lh%ob.63483$9E1.273270@attbi_s52,
Loren Coe wrote:

In article , jim rozen wrote:
The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg Jim

well, at least they set it out by the trash container. or
is that a re-cycling cart? --Loren

Actually it appears to be in a handicap parking zone. I guess the
driver was (mentally) handicapped.

--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Artemia Salina

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:34:19 -0800, jim rozen wrote:

The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg

That guy's gotta remember to put the kickstand down!
Brian Lawson

..
..
..Here in Ontario, that would be a $75 parking fine, if you even
encroach on a Handicap Parking space.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
wrote:

The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg

Jim

================================================= =
please reply to:
================================================= =

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 06:43:40 -0500, Brian Lawson
brought forth from the murky depths:

.Here in Ontario, that would be a $75 parking fine, if you even
encroach on a Handicap Parking space.

It was up to $264 in California before I left the state,
and I see that it's up to $325 at UC Riverside campus.
Most places now boot and tow, which effectively doubles that.

Alan Moore

wrote:

The one that was missing the bolts from the "turn-over"
fixture? Well I think something similar happened he

http://www.priceless420.com/Pr103103roller.jpg

That kind of stuff happens all the time.

Here's my personal favorite:

http://users.erols.com/viewptmd/Oops.JPG

Al Moore
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:31:28 GMT, Alan Moore
brought forth from the murky depths:

That kind of stuff happens all the time.

Here's my personal favorite:

http://users.erols.com/viewptmd/Oops.JPG

Add "How NOT to lube your blade guides" to the list:
http://www.suicidemethods.net/pix/bandsaw.htm

CAUTION: Very gory. Don't look at it if you're sensitive.

Gerald Miller

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 06:43:40 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

.
.
.Here in Ontario, that would be a $75 parking fine, if you even
encroach on a Handicap Parking space.

How about the day I was cruising around with SWMBO and her elderly
sister. I parked in a designated spot, displayed the permit, Loaded
SiL in her wheelchair, and went shopping. When we came back, there
was another vehicle between mine and the one in the next space, i.e.
three cars in two extra width spaces. It did have the required permit,
but that didn't hamper me from leaving a somewhat rude note, or
messing up the aim of the rear view mirrors while attempin to gain
access to my vehicle!
There is a great shortage of horses in this world compared to the
number of horses asses.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Alan Moore

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 03:11:04 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:31:28 GMT, Alan Moore
brought forth from the murky depths:

That kind of stuff happens all the time.

Here's my personal favorite:

http://users.erols.com/viewptmd/Oops.JPG

Add "How NOT to lube your blade guides" to the list:
http://www.suicidemethods.net/pix/bandsaw.htm

CAUTION: Very gory. Don't look at it if you're sensitive.

Yeah. You'd be surprised at the number of motorcyclists who think it
would be quick and easy to clean and/or lube their chains by putting
the rear wheel up and doing the job under power.

Nobody does it that way twice. They run out of fingers.

Al Moore
Gunner

wrote:

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:31:28 GMT, Alan Moore
brought forth from the murky depths:

That kind of stuff happens all the time.

Here's my personal favorite:

http://users.erols.com/viewptmd/Oops.JPG

Add "How NOT to lube your blade guides" to the list:
http://www.suicidemethods.net/pix/bandsaw.htm

CAUTION: Very gory. Don't look at it if you're sensitive.

Nice shop and a good selection of cutters on the back wall.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry
Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

.Here in Ontario, that would be a $75 parking fine, if you even
encroach on a Handicap Parking space.

How about the day I was cruising around with SWMBO and her elderly
sister. I parked in a designated spot, displayed the permit, Loaded
SiL in her wheelchair, and went shopping. When we came back, there
was another vehicle between mine and the one in the next space, i.e.
three cars in two extra width spaces. It did have the required permit,
but that didn't hamper me from leaving a somewhat rude note, or
messing up the aim of the rear view mirrors while attempin to gain
access to my vehicle!
There is a great shortage of horses in this world compared to the
number of horses asses.

In California it's somewhere a bit north of $300. And the striped
access spot is not a legal parking place.

If I was there (driving Mom somewhere who has a legal HC placard) I
would have left my car right there and called the police to come out.
And written down all the pertinent information, and called the DMV if
they left before the police arrived - IMHO someone needs to do a
quick investigation when you see stuff like that, the type of person
who squeezes in the middle like that probably has a stolen or
fraudulently obtained HC permit.

That striped safety zone is NOT a legal parking place, even with a
legit placard - and anyone with a legit placard knows some people need
a lot of room to get in and out of a car - or have mobility or vision
issues and if they're squeezed in will probably hit the other car
while backing out.

They did a study, for some locations that have a high incidence of
HC tags parked in red zones or at parking meters for long periods or
all day for free. And a LOT of the HC tags they checked out were
bogus. One notable place was around county courthouses and government
buildings, and the offenders were lawyers, and their clerks interns
and investigators. Go to your golfing buddy the doctor, and get a
note stating they or their employee are eligible for a HC permit...

If the permit is legit, the person it's issued to has to be in the
car, or else it's ticket time. Grandma dies and the offender keeps
using her placard instead of turning it in, after all it's still good
for another year...

-- Bruce --
--
Bruce L. Bergman, POB 394, Woodland Hills CA 91365, USA
Electrician, Westend Electric (#726700) Agoura, CA

WARNING: UCE Spam E-mail is not welcome here. I report violators.
SpamBlock In Use - Remove the "Python" with a "net" to E-Mail.
Gunner

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:36:29 GMT, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

They did a study, for some locations that have a high incidence of
HC tags parked in red zones or at parking meters for long periods or
all day for free. And a LOT of the HC tags they checked out were
bogus. One notable place was around county courthouses and government
buildings, and the offenders were lawyers, and their clerks interns
and investigators. Go to your golfing buddy the doctor, and get a
note stating they or their employee are eligible for a HC permit...

My wife is elligible, but was mortified when I mentioned it too her.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Bruce L. Bergman

wrote:

They did a study, for some locations that have a high incidence of
HC tags parked in red zones or at parking meters for long periods or
all day for free. And a LOT of the HC tags they checked out were
bogus. One notable place was around county courthouses and government
buildings, and the offenders were lawyers, and their clerks interns
and investigators. Go to your golfing buddy the doctor, and get a
note stating they or their employee are eligible for a HC permit...

My wife is elligible, but was mortified when I mentioned it too her.

Gunner

My mom fought it tooth and nail for a few years, until the arthritis
in her knees got so bad she was in a wheelchair if she had to go more
than a few hundred feet at a stretch.

She had two new titanium knees implanted just a hair over a year ago
(ObMW Content ;-) and she's now good for a mile or two a day, plus the
usual around-the-house stuff - but using the HC parking spot by the
front door rather than parking at the other end of the parking lot can
add another 1/4 mile onto her limits that can be used elsewhere...

Screw pride - if mobility is an issue, take advantage of the help.

-- Bruce --