DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help finding half round (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/126059-need-help-finding-half-round.html)

Metalguy October 23rd 05 02:45 AM

Need help finding half round

We need about 100 feet of 1/4" half round, preferable
aluminum. My google searches and suppliers like
McMaster Carr have only come up with 1/2" half round
in stainless and wood.

It will be cut into 12" sections.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Reply to this
newsgroup, please.

Bob May October 23rd 05 09:29 PM

Need help finding half round

Aluminum is the hard part. I know of HSS steel and cobalt steel in that
size and probably in 12" sections. The stuff is used for making single lip
cutters for pantograph mills.

--
Why do penguins walk so far to get to their nesting grounds?

Robin October 23rd 05 11:00 PM

Need help finding half round

Could you not buy 100' of 1/4" round and cut it with a bandsaw or
something? I suppose if accuracy was even less important then you could
buy 50' and cut it down the middle...