DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Home made 2x72 belt grinder sander (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/125187-re-home-made-2x72-belt-grinder-sander.html)

Art October 17th 05 07:07 AM

Home made 2x72 belt grinder sander

Nice.
Did you have to do any work on the large caster to true it up/.balance
it ?

On 15 Oct 2005 14:07:33 -0700, "rashid111" wrote:

Pics & related @
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/752550/

Works like a champ, you can use both the platen and contact
wheel w/o swapping anything, belt tension and tracking are adjustable.

HF buffer: $50 (or 0 if you have a sufficiently power grinder/buffer
already) , assorted HW: $60 (less if you got a junk yard
nearby and/or some alum/HRS in junk box).

Please note that first few pics I didn't rotate as I should've - so
use your favorite viewer to do that: 90 CW. Or tilt your head.