DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PSA: HF's 3/4 HP buffer on sale for $50 (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/124697-psa-hfs-3-4-hp-buffer-sale-%2450.html)

rashid111 October 13th 05 01:53 PM

PSA: HF's 3/4 HP buffer on sale for $50

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem....

I will share pics of my home-made 2x72 grinder soon and this buffer is
the foundation of it:
http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/751879/

Bottom line: for $60 or so in HW you will have
a very good 2x72 belt grinder built on top of this buffer PLUS you get
to keep a buffing wheel on RH or LH shaft.

mlcorson October 14th 05 11:49 PM

PSA: HF's 3/4 HP buffer on sale for $50

Rashid:
I'd like to hear how this turned out. Are you going to be making a
platen? I just can't pull the trigger on buying one yet. I've got my
eye on either a Coote 2"x72" or the Kalamazo 2" x 48. They sure look
easy enough to make. But everytime I price out the rollers, bearings,
and collateral parts, it seems the differential in time and $ is not
that significant. Not as much fun though.
-Mike

rashid111 October 15th 05 06:23 PM

PSA: HF's 3/4 HP buffer on sale for $50

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/752550/

Turned out great and work just fine .... See the pics at the above
thread