DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/124479-cdco-machinery-corp-3-axis-dro.html)

Phil Stein October 12th 05 01:06 AM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Has anyone used the $175 3 Axis DRO Display and scales from CDCO
Machinery Corp http://www.cdcotools.com/

The price seems good. I'm wondering if it is good or not worth
bothering with. I'm also wondering if they're ok to deal with.

Thanks
Phil Stein

LMSC October 12th 05 01:57 AM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Phil,

I sell these systems on Ebay for $540.00.

I have had more problem from theses systems than anything else I have
sold. The systems are made in China and I think that is part of the
problem.

Regards,

Tim Barnard
LMSC
877-376-4373

LMSC October 12th 05 01:58 AM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Sorry,

I guess I need to read the post before I reply.

Please disregard my last message.

Tim

woodworker88 October 12th 05 01:58 AM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Having looked at their website, I am wondering the same question
myself. If they really had a 3axis dro for 175 plus the scales I would
be thrilled. Our shop was budgeting over 1000 for purchase and
installation. I also like the digital readout feature directly on the
scales. It's like having a digital caliper connected to the scales.
With that you almost don't need the display.

Allen Parks October 12th 05 04:43 AM

woodworker88 wrote:

Having looked at their website, I am wondering the same question
myself. If they really had a 3axis dro for 175 plus the scales I would
be thrilled. Our shop was budgeting over 1000 for purchase and
installation. I also like the digital readout feature directly on the
scales. It's like having a digital caliper connected to the scales.
With that you almost don't need the display.

The $175 set I am looking at, clearly states scales not included.

EdFielder October 12th 05 01:34 PM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

These units will cost about 500.00 once you buy the scales- they use the
same magnetic/induction scales as the Chinese digital calipers and the
display is an LCD unit. They are OK for a home hobbyist or woodworker , but
any sort of flood coolant will cause the scale to stop working. Also the
cable connections are a source of trouble, usually requiring soldering to
keep them working. The LCD display also has some weak points, with numbers
disappearing etc.

woodworker88 October 12th 05 03:23 PM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Can they be retrofitted with any other type of scales, perhaps more
durable ones? Also, have you used any of CDCO's other tools?

EdFielder October 13th 05 01:34 PM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

I got the same DRO setup from Wholesale Tool, so am not familiar with their
other products. Fitting different scales is possible, but still leaves you
with a marginal display- If you want a good quality low cost DRO, you are
better off to go with the Shopmaster units-
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MadeinUSA/start or if you are into building
your own try the Shumatek guys. There are also a lot of choices on E-Bay if
you are not concerned about having parts and service .

ups.com...

LMSC October 14th 05 12:45 AM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Since you want to advertise your dro's here, I guess it is time for me
to chime in:

You can get the exact same Jenix system from a company that
specializes in digital readouts at http://www.digitalreadoutsystem.com
or any of the many digital readouts that I sell on Ebay. I service
what I sell so your statement about there not being parts and service
for the systems on Ebay is FALSE.

If you can't tell the truth about the systems on Ebay, why should any
believe anything else you say.

Tim
LMSC

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:34:23 GMT, "EdFielder"
wrote:

I got the same DRO setup from Wholesale Tool, so am not familiar with their
other products. Fitting different scales is possible, but still leaves you
with a marginal display- If you want a good quality low cost DRO, you are
better off to go with the Shopmaster units-
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MadeinUSA/start or if you are into building
your own try the Shumatek guys. There are also a lot of choices on E-Bay if
you are not concerned about having parts and service .

oups.com...

EdFielder October 14th 05 01:23 PM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Tim,
Chill out- no one is running down your product- I was referring to a lot of
DRO units on E-Bay- some new, some used. If you have a company selling
units with service backup, people will recognize that.
PS- I am not selling anything, only trying to help the guy with some advise
based on personal experience.

Phil Stein October 17th 05 02:51 PM

CDCO Machinery Corp. 3 Axis DRO

Thanks to everyone that responded. I think I'll try one of their
scales for starters and go from there.

Phil Stein