DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FS: A-2 tool steel plates (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/123569-fs-2-tool-steel-plates.html)

[email protected] October 5th 05 04:33 AM

FS: A-2 tool steel plates

I'm in San Carlos, CA. (About 15 miles south of SFO Airport)

I have several 24" x 22" x .75" and 22" x 21" x .5" A-2 tool steel
plates that a tool and die company scrapped. The plates don't have any
rust, but they do have four .5" holes around the perimeter and a
..5"x.5" milled rabbet on two sides. (I'm sure in metalworking they
wouldn't be called a rabbet, would they?)

I'm using two of the plates for a welding table top, but I was going to
sell the others.

I know these were expensive new. Any offers?

-Aaron
akushner at gmail

Robin S. October 5th 05 04:50 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
rust, but they do have four .5" holes around the perimeter and a
.5"x.5" milled rabbet on two sides. (I'm sure in metalworking they
wouldn't be called a rabbet, would they?)

Probably "shoulders".

I'm using two of the plates for a welding table top, but I was going to
sell the others.

Careful with heating the plates. If you get them red (even in just a
localized spot), they'll probably harden and you could get a chip in your
body if you subject it to shock (with a hammer, for instance).

Regards,

Robin