DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for opinions on Eaton compressors (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/122512-looking-opinions-eaton-compressors.html)

Bob Engelhardt September 28th 05 04:20 PM

Looking for opinions on Eaton compressors

I'm thinking of putting together a compressor using this pump:
http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catal...643/184117.htm

Does anybody have, or know something about, Eaton? Especially, how
quiet it really is? It looks good, but there's nothing like personal
experience.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Engelhardt September 28th 05 10:19 PM

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
... Especially, how quiet it really is? ...

I partially answered this. The Eaton web page says that the pump
generates 73 dba (at what distance?). This page:
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/gen...ound_level.htm
shows various sound levels. The level for a washing machine is 55 - 75
dba at 3'. Assuming the Eaton measurement is at a similar distance, the
compressor is a bit quieter than a washing machine at its noisiest
(agitate cycle, I suppose). I'd say that's pretty quiet.

Bob