DE

Default Keeping mice out of equipment(or shop)

Its going to get cold out and that means the mice come in. Any tips on
how
to keep them out of my welders in the garage? I will set traps but
anything
else to prevent the little PITAs out of my stuff.

I made one of these:

http://www.farmshow.com/issues/27/06/270605.asp

This is the * BEST* mouse trap for the shop, hands down....
I use a ice fishing ladle to fish out the dead *******s. Just don't
contact the + side with the ladle handle... if you do..well lets just
say I would describe the sensation as a * religious experience *.....

I think the feral cats eat em after dark. No posion to worry about

I use a 5 gal bucket and flashing tin with some hardware cloth
for the bait. My fence charger averages 13K volts........ when I
first used it I averaged 6-10 per night..then it tapered off to zero.

If someone could figure out a portable shocker out of scrounged parts
that would be too cool.....maybe a auto coil

SteveB

"DE" wrote in message
[...]

That looks cool. I have a Fi-Shock that I have set up to get rid of birds,
cats, and dogs. I never thought of using it for mice. It would be a simple
device to make, and like they say, you can use it for multiple traps.

Steve

xmradio

"SteveB" wrote in message

"DE" wrote in message
[...]

I suggest you rent the movie "Mouse Hunt"...have a good laugh...don't kill
the little creatures...

xman

Bugs

Just sprinkle mothballs around anywhere the mice are likely to
hide/gnaw. They can't stand the smell.
Bugs

Keeping MICE out of equipment??? Waynemak Metalworking 45 September 24th 05 06:51 PM
Mice in Attic Noise Help [email protected] Home Ownership 4 December 10th 04 01:37 AM
Trapping attic mice amidst blown-in insulation Good Music Home Repair 15 December 3rd 04 01:57 PM
Stucco Gaps and Mice Henry Home Repair 4 September 2nd 04 04:29 AM
Mice, Questions about D-Con and Traps McCoysWink Home Repair 3 October 27th 03 01:18 PM