Erling Ringen Elvsrud

Default What kind of v-belt is this?

Hello,

I want to buy a sheave for a project I'm working on. I have a AEG motor
from an old washing machine and a v-belt from the same machine.
My question is: What kind of v-belt profile is this? The belt
is about 10mm wide and 6mm tall. I have uploaded 3 pictures of the
sheave on the motor, the belt, and the belt + sheave from the washing
machine. The sheave removed from the machine is unfurtunately of wrong
dimensions and I was also unable to remove it from the axle without
destroying the mounting mechanism.

The pictures are located he http://pyld.killozap.com/sheave

One final question, do you know where to buy sheaves that fits axles in
metric dimensions? (20mm axle).

Thanks,

Erling
Nick Müller

Erling Ringen Elvsrud wrote:

My question is: What kind of v-belt profile is this? The belt

This is a belt "10 * 875 DIN 2215". 10(mm) is width, 875(mm) is the
(inner) length.
The ISO abbrev. would be "Z * 875 ISO 4183" BUT! the length in ISO would
be longer, as it is defined in a different way. If my math is right, the
ISO length should be 890 or 895mm.

HTH,
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Erling Ringen Elvsrud

On 2005-09-21, Nick Müller wrote:
Erling Ringen Elvsrud wrote:

My question is: What kind of v-belt profile is this? The belt

This is a belt "10 * 875 DIN 2215". 10(mm) is width, 875(mm) is the
(inner) length.
The ISO abbrev. would be "Z * 875 ISO 4183" BUT! the length in ISO would
be longer, as it is defined in a different way. If my math is right, the
ISO length should be 890 or 895mm.

Thanks for the help so far, but I have another question:

What is the equivalent of the Z profile in profiles using inces to
specify the width/height?

For instance McMaster-Carr have available the following profiles that
seems to approach the Z profile of my belt:

Profile Width Height
----------------------------
O-Section - 3/8" x 7/32"
3L Section - 3/8" x 7/32"
3V-Section - 3/8" x 21/64"
3VX-Section - 3/8" x 21/64"

Do you think a sheave for one of the profiles above will work properly
with my belt?

Erling
Nick Müller

Erling Ringen Elvsrud wrote:

What is the equivalent of the Z profile in profiles using inces to
specify the width/height?

And the angle?
1 inch = 25.4mm, got a PC? :-)

Nick