Proctologically Violated©®

Default Small SS tubing....

Awl--

I'm looking for SS tubing on the order of 1/4-1/2" OD, w/ an ID of .120 to
..250, much like what you see on locking Quick Release detent pins, where you
press the button in the handle, which release a detent ball.
In fact, these are what I am making! Currently out of brass.

Iny leads?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Carl Ijames

I'm looking for SS tubing on the order of 1/4-1/2" OD, w/ an ID of
.120 to .250, much like what you see on locking Quick Release detent
pins, where you press the button in the handle, which release a detent
ball.
In fact, these are what I am making! Currently out of brass.

Iny leads?

http://www.pennstainless.com/ has 1/4" OD x 0.065" wall (so .120" ID)
and 1/2" OD x 0.120" wall (so .260" ID) in seamless 304 and 316. They
have the best SS tubing prices I've found, and we buy a fair amount per
year at work.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Siggy

http://www.smallparts.com
http://www.mcmaster.com
http://www.metalexpress.net
http://www.onlinemetals.com

Plus, you should check your local hobby shop if you just need a small qty.
Check out their K&S metal display. They have one specifically for SS that
includes all kinds of small stuff like that.

Robert

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

I'm looking for SS tubing on the order of 1/4-1/2" OD, w/ an ID of .120 to
.250, much like what you see on locking Quick Release detent pins, where
you press the button in the handle, which release a detent ball.
In fact, these are what I am making! Currently out of brass.

Iny leads?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Proctologically Violated©®

Now I know why these quick-release pins are so expensive--this mat'l ain't
cheap, bruhs!!

What's good about this place is they in fact sell by the foot. What's bad
is that they are a little bit of a pita--no samples, $100 minimum, very
little printed material, web or otherwise. sigh.

I'll try Siggy's leads as well. Sumpn will turn out, one way or the other.

GREATLY appreciate the help!
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

steamer

--Haven't had to call 'em for a long time but I got my
stainless tubing from 1-800-ALL-TUBE

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Post Burn thought for the day:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Why wear pants?