DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rotary table help. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/12085-rotary-table-help.html)

Todd Rich October 5th 03 05:21 AM

Rotary table help.

I was able to pick up a large rotary table a while ago that was siezed up,
with the intention of fixing it up. I finally got around to it this
weekend. After mostly disassembling it, it looks to be in pretty good
shape. The part I haven't gotten to is the main gear that is parallel to
the table itself (got to find my misplaced 5/8"s allen wrench first),
which is where the problem seems to be. Everything else I took apart
seemed to be able to move freely.

Anyway, what I'm looking for is any tips or suggestions on getting the
table/gear freed up and moving. I was thinking about maybe filling up the
gearbox with kerosene for a few days before taking it apart, cleaning it
out then filling it back up with gear oil. (the oil in there now has
gotten a bit sludgy)
Thanks
Todd

John Manders October 6th 03 02:52 PM

Rotary table help.

Congratulations on the new table. Diesel fuel is generally good for
releasing seized parts. Soaking in that should help and it's cheap.

John