chem

Default Anyone have a Machinest's Handbook for a lookup? Pleeeze?

Well, I've got the Machinery's Handbook here... But I have no freakin
clue how to give you the info you're looking for. The charts are all
Greek to me. Sorry Hope you get some help.

chem

Stu wrote:
The tensile strength of 3/4" black threaded pipe into a steel threaded
female flange?

Sure appreciate you looking it up.

Stu

Bob Engelhardt

I don't think that you're going to get any answers different from the
ones you got when you asked this question 9/25.
Engineman1

Stu wrote:
The tensile strength of 3/4" black threaded pipe into a steel threaded
female flange?

Sure appreciate you looking it up.

Stu

Why did you even reply? There's too much usless stuff on this NG now.

I'm no engineer or mathematiacon SP but my opinion is that it's a question of
shear strength which my handbook seems to say is 75% of tensile strength for
most ferrous alloys. Sorry I cant help you with the math to calculate the area
being sheared, but I hope this will be a starting point for you.
Engineman1