DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   fa - new proportioning air/hydraulic servo valve (HR Textron RDDV) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/118710-fa-new-proportioning-air-hydraulic-servo-valve-hr-textron-rddv.html)

william_b_noble August 28th 05 03:05 AM

fa - new proportioning air/hydraulic servo valve (HR Textron RDDV)

There was some discussion a little while back about some precision control
of air or hydraulic pistons - I don't remember which - anyway, this valve
that I ran across is directly applicable - very cool valve (detailed
description in the listing, I won't take up space here)

here's the link

Bill

also check out http://www.wbnoble.com

Don Foreman August 28th 05 03:53 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:05:12 -0700, "william_b_noble"
wrote:

There was some discussion a little while back about some precision control
of air or hydraulic pistons - I don't remember which - anyway, this valve
that I ran across is directly applicable - very cool valve (detailed
description in the listing, I won't take up space here)

here's the link

In that listing you describe a hydraulic valve (5000 PSI, 1 GPM) but
the mfrs lit describes a pneumatic device.

william_b_noble August 28th 05 07:07 AM

sorry, you are right - I was careless in what I posted. I was thinking at
the time I wrote this of a proportioning valve used in aircraft servos (I
can't remember the name, the valve drove a "modulating piston" with an LVDT
for rate feedback, and the mod piston drove the actuator) - you are right
that this valve is pneumatic - did you notice the 80 Hz frequency response?
that's enough to use it to drive one heck of a subwoofer (or a super stiff
servo)