DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   1/4-20x2 brass hex head bolt (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/118615-1-4-20x2-brass-hex-head-bolt.html)

Wood Butcher August 27th 05 06:13 AM

1/4-20x2 brass hex head bolt

I've googled till I'm blue in the face and can't find
hex heads anywhere. Anybody have a source?

Longer than 2" is fine, I can cut them off.
Bronze or silicon bronze would do too.

Thanks
Art

PJ August 27th 05 06:52 AM

McMaster Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/ PN 92941A550 ....Paul

Don Foreman August 27th 05 07:44 AM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:13:07 -0700, "Wood Butcher"
wrote:

I've googled till I'm blue in the face and can't find
hex heads anywhere. Anybody have a source?

Longer than 2" is fine, I can cut them off.
Bronze or silicon bronze would do too.

Thanks
Art

Your google must be busted. Found this in about 10 seconds:

http://www.boltdepot.com/product.asp...s=7&cm=5&cd=55

1/4-20 Hex head silicon bronze bolt, 2" long, product number 3076.

Larry Jaques August 27th 05 01:59 PM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:13:07 -0700, the opaque "Wood Butcher"
clearly wrote:

I've googled till I'm blue in the face and can't find
hex heads anywhere. Anybody have a source?

Longer than 2" is fine, I can cut them off.
Bronze or silicon bronze would do too.

I used to shop in San Marcos, CA for strange hardware when I
lived in Vista, 7 miles away. Try http://www.ababaqa.com/
Ababa QA Bolt, open Saturday 8am-1pm.

CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Wood Butcher August 27th 05 09:20 PM

Thanks Paul. This is perfect.
When I tried McM-C I searched on "brass bolt".
Shoulda tried capscrew instead.

Art

Wood Butcher August 27th 05 09:22 PM

More likely my brain was busted.