DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   8-36 Screw dimensions? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/11820-re-8-36-screw-dimensions.html)

Randy Replogle September 21st 03 05:24 PM

8-36 Screw dimensions?

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I've got to replace a screw whose head snapped off. The threads blank
out my 36 tpi gage, and the OD mikes at 0.153". Machinery's gives the
major diameter of an 8-36 screw as being about ten thousands larger.

Does this much undersize atill let me believe that an 8-36 screw is what
I've got?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Maybe 4mm? I don't remember the pitch for that at the moment, however.

--
Randy Replogle (Central Indiana)

Ned Simmons September 21st 03 06:01 PM

8-36 Screw dimensions?

In article ,
says...

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I've got to replace a screw whose head snapped off. The threads blank
out my 36 tpi gage, and the OD mikes at 0.153". Machinery's gives the
major diameter of an 8-36 screw as being about ten thousands larger.

Does this much undersize atill let me believe that an 8-36 screw is what
I've got?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Maybe 4mm? I don't remember the pitch for that at the moment, however.

0.7mm = 36.3 TPI

Ned Simmons

Bob May September 21st 03 07:23 PM

8-36 Screw dimensions?

Check for the amount of flat at the top of the thread. It may be larger
than the spec.

--
There are more Democrats on the Calif. Special Election than Republicans!
Go count if you don't believe me!