Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Chuck Sherwood

Default help with steam engine

I bought two stuart steam engine castings kits at NAMES a couple years
ago. Every so often I get them out and do a little work on them.

I was wondering how much piston/cylinder clearance is required.
The bore is 1 inch and the stroke is 1 inch. The cylinder and piston
are both cast iron and the piston is suppose to have 1 ring.

Should I stick with the CI ring or change to a teflon ring like
PM research uses?

I hope to build a PM Research kit and run them on live steam but
I suspect they will run on compressed air most of the time.

chuck

Steam Engine Valve Gear driven by Steam Pressure? [email protected] Metalworking 25 September 2nd 05 05:16 PM
Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 06:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
"Lucy" Steam Engine Plans Steve Koschamnn Metalworking 4 December 18th 03 09:58 AM
Anyone know of steam engine simulation software Jim Stewart Metalworking 1 August 30th 03 12:59 AM