DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   threaded 1" or 1-14" ID steel tubing needed (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/117758-threaded-1%22-1-14%22-id-steel-tubing-needed.html)

[email protected] August 21st 05 02:31 AM

threaded 1" or 1-14" ID steel tubing needed

Anyone know where I can buy a 2 foot length of SAE threaded srteel
tubing?

BoyntonStu

DoN. Nichols August 21st 05 02:45 AM

In article .com,
wrote:

Anyone know where I can buy a 2 foot length of SAE threaded srteel
tubing?

Bringing your Subject: header down into the body for complete
information (not all newsreaders display the subject while you are
reading the article), you asked:

'Subject: threaded 1" or 1-14" ID steel tubing needed'

What thread pitch? A standard thread for a 1" diameter (or I
guess that your other was supposed to be 1-1/4" diameter) would be deep
enough to structurally weaken typical tubing thicknesses.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Bob AZ August 21st 05 02:47 AM

An auto parts store. Not the usual AutoZone or the like but a real auto
parts store.
Bob AZ

Ned Simmons August 21st 05 07:20 AM

In article .com,
says...
Anyone know where I can buy a 2 foot length of SAE threaded srteel
tubing?

Sounds like the connecting rods used between spherical rod ends.
McMaster only carries up to 3/4-16. Perhaps check with some of the rod
end manufacturers; Heim, Aurora, Morse, etc., or a bearing distributor.

Googling

"rod end" "connecting rod"

or

"spherical rod end" "connecting rod"

turns up some promising links.

Ned Simmons

carl mciver August 21st 05 05:20 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
| Anyone know where I can buy a 2 foot length of SAE threaded srteel
| tubing?
|

| BoyntonStu

IIRC, that sounds like conduit or water pipe, and I have seen conduit
available in continuously threaded pieces. Ask an electrical supply.