Gunner

Default Total Bummer

Fire Destroys 650 Motorcycles at Museum
Wed September 17, 2003 08:33 AM ET
LONDON (Reuters) - Up to 650 vintage motorcycles worth millions of
pounds have been destroyed in a fire at a museum in central England,
fire officials said on Wednesday. More than 100 firefighters tackled the
blaze, which destroyed part of the National Motorcycle Museum near
Birmingham, England's second city.
Television pictures showed plumes of black smoke rising high above the
museum, which traces the history of British motorcycle manufacturing.

A West Midlands Fire Service spokeswoman said the cause of Tuesday's
fire was not yet known. Newspapers said the damage was estimated at
eight million pounds ($12.75 million). There were no injuries in the
fire.

The museum displays rare motorcycles from 1904, including classics from
British manufacturers Triumph, Norton and BSA.

--
The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words;
Garlicdude

Gunner wrote:

[...]

Gunner, I saw that article also, bummer indeed
--
Regards,
Steve Saling
Jon Anderson

The real bummer is that it was reportedly started by an employee tossing
a still burning cigarette butt into some trash. Smokers that treat the
whole world like one big ashtray should be beaten. When their stupidity
causes a fire, they should be severely beaten.

Jon

Charlie Gary

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
The real bummer is that it was reportedly started by an employee tossing
a still burning cigarette butt into some trash. Smokers that treat the
whole world like one big ashtray should be beaten. When their stupidity
causes a fire, they should be severely beaten.

Jon

If it really was someone tossing a burning butt, I want more than one ticket
to stand in line with a stick.

--

Later,

Charlie

fix the e-mail address and it will get to me

mark

It happens real easy too. I once found myself struggling to douse a
dumpster fire after the neighbor who dumped her ashtray in a frenzied rush
was long gone. When I told her not to do that again she gave me the 'what
makes you think it was me' defense. It was in one of those business parks
where everyone has an office and a garage door. I happened to be sitting at
the desk on the other side of the wall from the dumpster with the door
open.

Jon Anderson wrote in article
The real bummer is that it was reportedly started by an employee tossing
a still burning cigarette butt into some trash. Smokers that treat the
whole world like one big ashtray should be beaten. When their stupidity
causes a fire, they should be severely beaten.

Jon

PrecisionMachinisT

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
The real bummer is that it was reportedly started by an employee tossing
a still burning cigarette butt into some trash. Smokers that treat the
whole world like one big ashtray should be beaten. When their stupidity
causes a fire, they should be severely beaten.

Anyone starting a fire causing loss to life or property through willful
negligence, should be treated the same.

Whether they smoke or not is irrelevant.

Anyone causing loss to life or property through willfull negligence while
driving an automobile should be treated the same.

Whether they were driving drunk or not is irrelevent.

If you dont believe me, ask someone who has been killed in an auto accident
caused by another whether they give a rats ass whether the other driver was
drunk or not.

The key words here are "willfull" and "negligence"--the rest is horse****,
feel good media hype.......

Whats needed is a campaign against stupidity----when people do stupid and
dangerous things...lock em up........to protect society.

--

SVL

Eastburn

With that inside - why, why no sprinkler system ?
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
DejaVU

Lane lanenospam@copperaccentsdotcom scribed in
:

Did they not have a sprinkler system?
If not, why not? That's the shame of it.

i've seena lot of people ask this question

the answer is unboubtedly, "money"

having a sprinkler system costs money
not having one costs money, but MAY NOT, if all goes well.

"it'll never happen to us"

Lane

news

"Gunner" wrote in message

[...]

swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /

Charlie Gary

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry, Sam, it makes sense, so it'll never work.

--

Later,

Charlie

fix the e-mail address and it will get to me

Lewis Hartswick

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

Whats needed is a campaign against stupidity----when people do stupid and
dangerous things...lock em up........to protect society.
SVL

Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity is for ever.

...lew...
PrecisionMachinisT

"Charlie Gary" wrote in message
m...

[...]

I guess that wasnt a very good bait........I might hafta try ****ing on it
next time!!! G

--

SVL

Charlie Gary

[...]

Or maybe spray some WD-40 on it. I'm told lunkers like it, but I've never
had a good before and after test. It's always been no bites before and no
bites after.

--

Later,

Charlie

fix the e-mail address and it will get to me

Gunner

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:47:55 GMT, "Charlie Gary"
wrote:

I guess that wasnt a very good bait........I might hafta try ****ing on it
next time!!! G

Or maybe spray some WD-40 on it. I'm told lunkers like it, but I've never
had a good before and after test. It's always been no bites before and no
bites after.

--

Actually works pretty good on catfish and large mouth bass. Sometimes.

Gunner

" ......The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my
age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- "

Chas , rec.knives

Charlie Gary

wrote:

I guess that wasnt a very good bait........I might hafta try ****ing on

it
next time!!! G

Or maybe spray some WD-40 on it. I'm told lunkers like it, but I've

never
had a good before and after test. It's always been no bites before and

no
bites after.

Actually works pretty good on catfish and large mouth bass. Sometimes.

Gunner

I guess I don't go fishing often enough for the sometimes odds to go my way.

Later,

Charlie

fix the e-mail address and it will get to me

PrecisionMachinisT

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
The real bummer is that it was reportedly started by an employee tossing
a still burning cigarette butt into some trash. Smokers that treat the
whole world like one big ashtray should be beaten. When their stupidity
causes a fire, they should be severely beaten.

Non smokers who throw their paper trash into an ashtray should be taken out
and be severely beaten, whether it contributes to causing a fire or not.

--

SVL

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:57:21 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
pixelated:

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
The real bummer is that it was reportedly started by an employee tossing
a still burning cigarette butt into some trash. Smokers that treat the
whole world like one big ashtray should be beaten. When their stupidity
causes a fire, they should be severely beaten.

Non smokers who throw their paper trash into an ashtray should be taken out
and be severely beaten, whether it contributes to causing a fire or not.

That works for me. Let's add nanite fleas which seek out the
originators of spam and virii, then bite the person at the
actual source (and maybe some spam hosts on the way, eh?)
One nanite bite per copy spam/virus sent. I can almost hear
them screaming already!

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online