Default 190 Volt motor for phase converter.

Hi. I have a home built rotary phase converter (from plans/help from
this newsgroup). It currently has a 3hp motor as the idler, running a
1hp lathe. I am interested in upgrading so that I can support a 7-10hp
motor for some hydraulics. I found a motor with the following specs:

15hp, 2900 RPM, Frame 254 TZ, 50 Hertz, Voltage 190/380

but I'm am wondering if it will work. I am especially confused about
the 190Volt thing since I've never heard of this. I am in the US - can
this motor be wired to work as an idler for a phase coverter?

Would it be suitable to run this on 230V/60Hz USA as an idler? Should
I keep looking?

Thanks in advance,

don