whoanellie

Default Now this is an engine.

"Bruce Johnstone" wrote in message
news:7%E7b.407630$o%2.185562@sccrnsc02...
Look at the size of this thing. Maybe that will be my next engine

project !
;--))

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

--
Bruce Johnstone

Email:

Web Site:
http://home.comcast.net/~bruce.johnstone

Gee,I hope it doesn't tip over.

---

Statics

"Doug Warner" wrote in message
"Bruce Johnstone" wrote:

Look at the size of this thing. Maybe that will be my next engine project

!
;--))

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

Now, if someone built an SUV around it, there'd be buyers lined up at
the doors of every dealer in the USA..

And spend their days merrily driving from gas station to gas station buying
out all their remaining fuel oil. 1600 gallons and hour, ouch.

StaticsJason

Kenneth W. Sterling

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:31:29 GMT, "Statics"
wrote:

"Doug Warner" wrote in message
.. .
"Bruce Johnstone" wrote:

Look at the size of this thing. Maybe that will be my next engine project

!
;--))

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

Now, if someone built an SUV around it, there'd be buyers lined up at
the doors of every dealer in the USA..

And spend their days merrily driving from gas station to gas station buying
out all their remaining fuel oil. 1600 gallons and hour, ouch.

StaticsJason

Yeah - and with a little modification, I just *might* be able to fit
that thing into my little ford ranger :-)
Ken

Tim Williams

"Kenneth W. Sterling" wrote in message
Yeah - and with a little modification, I just *might* be able to fit
that thing into my little ford ranger :-)

I'm going to guess that that engine is big enough to open one or two
cylinders, pop said ranger in, replace head, and keep cranking on
remaining cylinders, turning car into a reasonable pancake in the process.

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:13:21 GMT, "....." pixelated:

Now, if someone built an SUV around it,

Is that a Sport Utility Vessel?

4-WD BOATS?!? This I gotta see.

The more we gripe, * http://www.diversify.com/stees.html
the longer God makes us live. * Graphic Design - Humorous T-shirts

Michael Gray

wrote:
Look at the size of this thing. Maybe that will be my next engine project
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

Would it count if someone turned up at the Model Engineering
Exhibition with a one-tenth scale model?
Duke of Edinburgh's Award anyone?
Mike in BC

Pat Norton

Eastburn wrote:
Interesting dimensions - the paper I mean - must be
metric paper type. under 17 but over 11.

The paper size is called A3. It is not 'metric' but 'ISO 216' or 'A
series' and is used in most of the world. Each size is exactly double
the size below.

Thus A3 drawing paper is exactly double the size of A4 office paper.
A1 flip chart paper is exactly 4 times the size of A3.

More info at:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html
Mark Rand

wrote:
Look at the size of this thing. Maybe that will be my next engine project
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

Would it count if someone turned up at the Model Engineering
Exhibition with a one-tenth scale model?
Duke of Edinburgh's Award anyone?
Mike in BC

Oddly enough, I have access to the drawings of a much smaller engine (English
Electric 12x70litre cylinders 500rpm 5000hp) and one of the things I want to
do before I die is to make a 3/4" to the foot model of it.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Jim Stewart

wrote:

Oddly enough, I have access to the drawings of a much smaller engine
(English
Electric 12x70litre cylinders 500rpm 5000hp) and one of the things I
want to
do before I die is to make a 3/4" to the foot model of it.

Careful. At the Ships of the Sea Museum in Savannah there is an
exquisite 12:1 model of a Liberty ship engine. When I saw that many
years ago I got the urge to build one. Now after buying $30,000 worth
of tools, building 8 Stuart Turner engines and most of a 45' boat I
STILL have not started that Liberty ship engine. :-)

Does your wife have any sisters (:

Eastburn

ISO is metric series for the world. down on the page it talks about
not only the international flavor, but for years and years we have had
problems with getting A4 documents from Europe and Asia. I mean like
nearly 20 years.

Thanks for the www page - that helps explain some of the numbers and
letters.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn