Marty

Default Drilling flat bottom holes..... Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for info on drilling some
flat bottom holes in aluminum. If I can't track down a flat bottom
drill bit that meets my specs, I'll just try taking several standard
7/8" bits (with turned-down shanks) to a machine shop and see what they
can do to flatten the ends. Next, I'll try it out on some scrap and see
what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll just drill all the simple
holes myself (42 holes in each of about twenty 11" x 19" aluminum
plates), and then take the batch to a machine shop and let them do the
two bottom holes that are on each plate. Thanks again. Marty

Drilling flat bottom holes jim sehr Metalworking 32 September 16th 03 03:11 AM
Drilling holes John Edgar UK diy 5 September 8th 03 04:47 PM
Drilling Steel....big holes Mike Graham Metalworking 10 September 2nd 03 02:26 PM
drilling 'actual' sized holes with HSS drill bits bill yohler Metalworking 17 August 5th 03 11:49 AM