DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sizing a breaker for 10 HP RPC idler (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/114836-re-sizing-breaker-10-hp-rpc-idler.html)

Ned Simmons July 27th 05 05:04 PM

Sizing a breaker for 10 HP RPC idler

In article ,
lid says...
I have this 10 HP 3 phase motor that I want to use as an idler.

This will be in a self starting capacitor start RPC. The motor will
start without load.

My question is, how to properly size a circuit breaker for the 240V
single phase circuit.

By the way, the subpanel in my garage is on a 60A breaker.

60 amps

Ned Simmons

jim rozen July 27th 05 06:02 PM

In article , Ignoramus23077 says...

I have this 10 HP 3 phase motor that I want to use as an idler.

This will be in a self starting capacitor start RPC. The motor will
start without load.

My question is, how to properly size a circuit breaker for the 240V
single phase circuit.

What is the size for the load motors you plan on running with this?

Jim

please reply to: