Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Commercial burners for homemade furnace

In article , Piccolo Pete
wrote:

I went into a restaraunt supply store the other day and saw some wicked
burners for stoves. About twenty or so jets pointed in every upward angle
being fed by what appeared to be a cast iron ring.

These came in various sizes but were all priced at $35.

All of them looked like they put out some serious heat, but... It seems to
me that there would be a need to get oxygen in the furnace to keep it
burning and the burners themselves would quickly melt within a furnace
environment.

Anybody else ever seen these things and thought the same thing I did?

Those are commercial Wok burners, for asian cooking.
Theya re called Jet burners for good reason.
They are designed to get a BIG Wok really hot really fast.
All they need is a big opening below to suck air in.
Gunner

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:09:36 -0500, "Piccolo Pete"
wrote:

I went into a restaraunt supply store the other day and saw some wicked
burners for stoves. About twenty or so jets pointed in every upward angle
being fed by what appeared to be a cast iron ring.

These came in various sizes but were all priced at $35.

All of them looked like they put out some serious heat, but... It seems to
me that there would be a need to get oxygen in the furnace to keep it
burning and the burners themselves would quickly melt within a furnace
environment.

Anybody else ever seen these things and thought the same thing I did?

They are great for cooking Menudo too.

Gunner

"The people who believe that, as a result of industrial development, life is about to become a hell,
or may be one already, are guilty, at least, of sloppy pronouncements.
On page 8 of Earth in the Balance, Al Gore claims that his study of the arms race gave him
"a deeper appreciation for the most horrifying fact in all our lives:
civilization is now capable of destroying itself."

In the first place, the most horrifying fact in many of our lives is that
our ex-spouse has gotten ahold of our ATM card.
And civilization has always been able to destroy itself. The Greeks of ancient Athens,
who had a civilization remarkable for lack of technological progress
during its period of greatest knowledge and power, managed to destroy themselves just fine."
-- P.J. O'Rourke, All the trouble in the world. The lighter side of famine, pestilence, destruction and death.
Jack Erbes

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:21:12 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

They are great for cooking Menudo too.

Gunner

Let me guess, because you can put the cooker somewhere out in the back
40 to avoid the smell of it cooking?

I have eaten, and enjoyed, my share of menudo but when I went to a
buddy's house and his father-in-law's mother ("Abuela" or grandmother
to everyone) was cooking menudo from scratch it was almost more than I
could handle. First there was the pile of guts being cleaned and cut
up and then there was the smell of it cooking.

All that done, with a cold beer and all the hot home made corn
tortillas Abuela could throw at you, it was great.

And for you guys that say "I don't eat guts", I would ask, have you
ever had a bowl of pepper pot soup? Welcome to Anglo-American, poorly
seasoned, menudo.

I'm a Mainer now, but I still miss the good Mexican food in
California.