spaco

Default Electrolytic Derusting

Here's the best reference I've seen so far on rust removal with a
battery charger and washing soda. It is 8 pages long, so get a cup of
coffee before going there. Personally, I printed off a copy for myself.

http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/rustdemo/rustdemo.htm

Pete Stanaitis
Ted Edwards

spaco wrote:
Here's the best reference I've seen so far on rust removal with a
battery charger and washing soda. It is 8 pages long, so get a cup of
coffee before going there. Personally, I printed off a copy for myself.

http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/rustdemo/rustdemo.htm

Pete Stanaitis

Good article for "batching" jobs i.e. hang in tank, turn on power and
come back tomorrow. The recipe he gives using Sodium Silicate is one
I've used for many years and posted in the drop box in '99. It is
suited to small jobs being cleaned using a "brush" technique in a few
minutes not days.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...es/E-CLEAN.TXT

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...s/E-CLEAN2.TXT

Ted