DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bandsaw blades (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/109539-bandsaw-blades.html)

Ken Cutt June 10th 05 09:33 AM

Bandsaw blades

David
Hi I would be interested in some blades
93" long
What do you have available and what would you recommend . Just got this
saw and not real sure what I will need as far as type
Thanks
Ken Cutt

HeadHunter June 10th 05 11:27 AM

"Ken Cutt" wrote in message
David
Hi I would be interested in some blades
93" long
What do you have available and what would you recommend . Just got this
saw and not real sure what I will need as far as type
Thanks
Ken Cutt

Some questions:

Is it a vertical or horizontal? Chances are you have a vertical.

What types of metal are you cutting? Ferrous, non ferrous, alloy, plastics,
wood with spikes in it....

What is the shape of the metal you are cutting? is it solid, thinnly
walled, thick walled, profiled?

Finally how fast are you going to ram your stock through the blade? Some
people abuse their blades just to get the cut done for example or maximise
the hydralic bleed-off on thise production saws to save a 1 mintue (cont me
in that group).

Think about it and get back to me. This might be your oppurtunity to get
one type of blade and compare it to another different blade.

P.S. it might be best to respond to my email address just ot keep the group
free of litter.

David.