Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Anybody in Seattle looking for Welding gear?

I just got a grand tour of Pacific Industrial Supply.
One of my night students this summer is Larry Langdon.
He is in charge of selling surplus equipment at Pac Industrial.

Between all the buildings there I saw maybe 85 welding power supplies
of every type possible.

A couple old Lincoln SA200s, a bunch of coffee grinder welders
(vertical motor/dynamo), Linde 400s and 600s, Aircos, Miller Dialarcs,
a bunch of real old huge motor/dynamo welders by GE, plasma cutters, a
couple TIG machines, Stud welders, rod ovens, cable by the pallet load,
piles of TIG torches, flow gauges, consumables, MIG guns, plasma cutter
parts, pipe bevelers up to 36", .....

I had no idea that they had so much welding stuff.
Larry has been dumping a lot of it on eBay, since he can't get the
owner to let him have an area over in the main store.

He is willing to deal on all of it to get it out the door.

I am still a bit numb just trying to comprehend all the equipment I saw
today.
Everything you could ever need for forming or handling eletrical
conduit.
Plumbing quipment, like threaders, by the tub full.
Chassis punches in every size.
Ironworkers, punches, swagers, furnaces, compressors, saws, shears....

It just never ends.
And that is just one of the 4 yards they have of stuff.

It seems the owner is a bit nuts about going to auctions and just
buying truck loads of stuff, whether or not they already have more of
the same stuff.

So if you are in need of welding gear or contractor equipment, check
with Larry first.
He is a good guy to deal with.
His office is in the building across the parking lot from the main
store.
Tell him Ernie sent you.
Eastburn

My bet the chassis Punches are knockout punches for Conduit and pipe.

IIRC, the size is the pipe size - the I.D. So if you buy some, check
it
with a ruler. The quality is still tough steel - Greenlee very likely.

I bought a set once - and had to unload it - many years ago now.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Eastburn
wrote:

My bet the chassis Punches are knockout punches for Conduit and pipe.

IIRC, the size is the pipe size - the I.D. So if you buy some, check
it
with a ruler. The quality is still tough steel - Greenlee very likely.

I bought a set once - and had to unload it - many years ago now.

Martin

He has both the Conduit sizes (up to 8 inch) and 730 series dimensional
sizes, round and square and lots of single and double D sizes as well.

As I said piles of stuff.
Currently there is just no way to put it all in a showroom.
The showroom would have to be the size of a football field.
John L. Weatherly

Man, all of the big sales are in the NE or the NW. My father-in-law has one
of those old GE motor welders. Looks like it was made before the Civil
War, but welds like a dream!
--
John L. Weatherly
Nashville, TN

Please remove triple X's from email address to reply.

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Eastburn
wrote:

Great! -
The 730 series are Greenlee and I wish I could get the unique D sizes
for 9 pin and 25 pin maybe 37 pin cable connectors on computers etc. :-)

I have a bunch of them myself and two squares but no D's.

Thanks for the reply.

Martin

He said he sold some of the computer connector punches on eBay a little
while ago.
Domingo Montez

Do you know what he is listed under for a user name on ebay? I would love
to see what he is auctioning off.

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article , Eastburn
wrote:

Great! -
The 730 series are Greenlee and I wish I could get the unique D sizes
for 9 pin and 25 pin maybe 37 pin cable connectors on computers etc. :-)

I have a bunch of them myself and two squares but no D's.

Thanks for the reply.

Martin

He said he sold some of the computer connector punches on eBay a little
while ago.

Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Domingo
Montez wrote:

Do you know what he is listed under for a user name on ebay? I would love
to see what he is auctioning off.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ms&include=0&u
serid=pacificindustrial&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1