Ron Thompson

Default machine tools for sale Southern MS

I am moving near Kennedy Space Center in FL soon. I have decided to sell my
machines and replace them later, rather than move them, as I have to build a
shop.
These machines are in Ocean Springs, MS (next to Biloxi)

1. Large old Monarch lathe: http://snurl.com/1vwe (3HP w/static converter.
Runs on 220 single phase. About 19+"swing short bed, 9" 3 jaw, 14" 4 jaw,
face plate, steady rest,

2. Nichols horizontal mill w/vertical head: http://snurl.com/1vwg 1½ HP 3
phase

3. Grizzly G4015 3in1 Lathe/mill/drill

4. 16", 3 HP shaper (large), w/ vise

5. K&T model K number 2 vertical mill, (table problem)

6. Surface grinder, 20" (IIRC)

7. shop made 10 HP rotary phase converter.

8. All the parts to make a 5 HP rotary phase converter.

9. Lots of 2" & 3" steel shafting material, various sizes & lengths. Some
stainless.

10. Some 3" & 4" pipe. Suitable for making gantries (A frames for chain
hoists)

And a lot of other stuff I can't think of at the moment.

These will go to Ebay eventually. Email me for info.
Thanks,

--

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast

http://www.plansandprojects.com

Where did everyone go? Oh, yeah.
Y'all come, ya hear?
*******

Lewis Edward Hartswick Jr

In article ,
Ron Thompson wrote:

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
USA

Soon to be replaced by

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Atlantic Coast of Fla.

No doubt. :-)

...lew...
Ron Thompson

Or maybe
" On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast"
--

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

Where did everyone go? Oh, yeah.
Y'all come, ya hear?
*******
"Lewis Edward Hartswick Jr" wrote in message
In article ,
Ron Thompson wrote:

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
USA

Soon to be replaced by

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Atlantic Coast of Fla.

No doubt. :-)

...lew...

Craig

"Ron Thompson" wrote in message ...
I am moving near Kennedy Space Center in FL soon. I have decided to sell my
machines and replace them later, rather than move them, as I have to build a
shop.

Ron: I think you would be making a huge mistake selling everything off
and starting again. From what I have seen in the way of equipment
available in south Florida, it isn't in real good shape, and if it has
been outside for more than a couple of days, it has a good start on
being rusted up. It would be a heck of a lot cheaper in the long run
to slather everything down with a good heavy coat of grease and put it
in a sea container and store it at the rv storage lot. You can
probably count on spending 3-5 times what you get for your current
tools to replace them and that doesn't include the time and effort
just to locate them or the transportation costs either.

Since we have to move too (theoretically) by the end of the year, I'm
busy packing and crating mine so that we can load the house, the shop
and the hangar stuff in just one day and get it going without a big
fuss.

Craig C,

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Ron Thompson wrote:
I am moving near Kennedy Space Center in FL soon. I have decided to sell my
machines and replace them later, rather than move them, as I have to build a
shop.
These machines are in Ocean Springs, MS (next to Biloxi)

2. Nichols horizontal mill w/vertical head: http://snurl.com/1vwg 1½ HP 3
phase

I don't see the vertical head in the photos in your URL, and it
looks like those are the shots from the eBay auction when you first got
the machine. (Or are you trying to eBay it?) Anyway, they are the
typically terrible "ipix" pictures often found on eBay.

It *does* look as though there is either a pneumatic or
hydraulic vise on the table of the machine, which look interesting.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Ron Thompson

I just posted some new pictures I took today.
http://www.plansandprojects.com/imag...le/Forsale.htm
I have the air vise, but it isn't in the new crop of photos.

--

Ron Thompson
On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast
USA