DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Welding bench project (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/106871-welding-bench-project.html)

Carl Byrns May 21st 05 03:38 AM

Welding bench project

Just dropping in on RCM from the real world-
Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wqsm/index.html
There are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text.
The idea was to have a bench sturdy enough to support some weight, but small
enough not to suck up a lot of floor space when not in use.
Hope you all like it.

-Carl

wallster May 21st 05 04:17 AM

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
Just dropping in on RCM from the real world-
Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wqsm/index.html
There are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text.
The idea was to have a bench sturdy enough to support some weight, but
small
enough not to suck up a lot of floor space when not in use.
Hope you all like it.

-Carl

nice job Carl, looks nice and sturdy!

walt

Gunner May 21st 05 10:34 AM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 02:38:18 GMT, "Carl Byrns"
wrote:

Just dropping in on RCM from the real world-
Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wqsm/index.html
There are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text.
The idea was to have a bench sturdy enough to support some weight, but small
enough not to suck up a lot of floor space when not in use.
Hope you all like it.

-Carl

Very nice Carl Good use of materials. Have you considered another
shelf above the welder for consumables such as rod, and some place to
keep your clamps and whatnot?

I like the bracing, it looks classy.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown

Carl Byrns May 21st 05 06:29 PM

wrote:

Just dropping in on RCM from the real world-
Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wqsm/index.html
There are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text.
The idea was to have a bench sturdy enough to support some weight, but

small
enough not to suck up a lot of floor space when not in use.
Hope you all like it.

-Carl

Very nice Carl Good use of materials. Have you considered another
shelf above the welder for consumables such as rod, and some place to
keep your clamps and whatnot?

If the welder(s) never left the shop, I'd have done just that. Instead I
group tools and supplies into multiple small toolboxes (especially stuff for
the MIG) so I can grab 'n go.
Never tell anyone you own a welder g.

I like the bracing, it looks classy.

Thanks. I spent more time on the braces than anything else- get one a little
off and it sticks out like a sore thumb. They're all +- 1/16 inch and +- 1
deg. of each other.

-Carl

xmradio May 21st 05 07:43 PM

"Carl Byrns" wrote in message
Just dropping in on RCM from the real world-
Here's some pictures of a welding bench I zapped together:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4wqsm/index.html
There are two quick pages of photos and just a small amount of text.

-Carl

Looks good, don't burn those tires ups...

xman

Gunner May 21st 05 08:24 PM

On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:29:40 GMT, "Carl Byrns"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

If you dont mind, Ill email you a few pictures of my first TIG
project. A simple multi shelf unit that holds my rods and wires in a
semi orderly fashion...G It hasnt collapsed yet.

Want to see my welding area? I can include a few pictures you might
find interesting.

Only sent on your approval.

Carl Byrns May 22nd 05 03:33 PM

If you dont mind, Ill email you a few pictures of my first TIG
project. A simple multi shelf unit that holds my rods and wires in a
semi orderly fashion...G It hasnt collapsed yet.

Want to see my welding area? I can include a few pictures you might
find interesting.

Only sent on your approval.

Gunner

Sure- I'll steal as many good ideas as I cang.

-Carl

Carl Byrns May 25th 05 02:38 AM

If you dont mind, Ill email you a few pictures of my first TIG
project. A simple multi shelf unit that holds my rods and wires in a
semi orderly fashion...G It hasnt collapsed yet.

Looks good- great way to use up dead space.

Want to see my welding area? I can include a few pictures you might
find interesting.

All good stuff. Thanks.

-Carl