Lennie the Lurker

Default OT-California In revolt

michael wrote in message ...
Lennie the Lurker wrote:

michael wrote in message ...

Is there such a thing as alt.conspiracy?

Only 33 groups under the general heading, you should be able to find
something to fit your own personal mind twist. Leads to
uncontrollable fits of laughter from anyone with any power of
reasoning left.

And you are certain it was suicide, right? And the others, also? And
the accidents? All of them?

The only thing I'm certain of is that whichever party wants to throw
mud on the other will try to cast doubt on any explanation that is
offered by the other. I'm also certain that truth and politics are at
opposite ends of the spectrum.

So one didn't inhale, and according to you, one is a coward.

Do a little checking on the GWeeB's military record. (hehehaha) The
more I find the more it looks like his daddy did all he could to keep
him where he wouldn't stumble and hurt his poor widdle fingers.

How much you get for
the radio?

Have no idea what radio you're talking about, if you mean the HT, I
took the seal off the back to void the guarantee and abandoned the
damn thing. Just another $400+ wasted in a conclave of rich old
conservatives with no ability to think.
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

2. You are crossposting G

Ah but I am not. Gunner why *do* you find it
necessary to kick the hornet's nest so they
fly around in so many ngs? Honestly this is
one of your least attractive features and
I suspect your stock here at rcm would go
up _several_ notches in the eyes of many
regular posters, if you stopped doing it.

Your comment to lennie was indeed crossed
over to a number of other groups, with the
only goal I can figure out, of getting him
further embroiled.

Play nice.

Jim

please reply to:

Ed Huntress

wrote in message
On 29 Jul 2003 09:01:52 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

I suspect your stock here at rcm would go
up _several_ notches in the eyes of many
regular posters, if you stopped doing it.

Now I am sure that would ALSO make him sleep better at night. vbg
Who gives a **** where he stands in the RCM ratings?? I think you have
been spending too much time coaxing your member, Jim.

Actually as far as I can see with the majority being weenies here,
being on the outer of RCM is the preferred spot. Still I don't have
the herding mentality, so what would I know??? Ha!

Have at it Gunner, I don't agree or disagree with you, but at least
you HAVE an opinion of your OWN and not afraid to voice it. Guess I'll
look back here in another 6 months, it seems I have missed so little
in the past 6 months.

Actually, if Gunner has an opinion of his own, it's indistinguishable from
the opinion he cuts and pastes from the right-wing blogs, to the tune of
around 5,000 words per week. g

Ed Huntress

Gary Coffman

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:34:29 GMT, Sue wrote:
Looks to me as though Lennie is posting through Google. I don't know
about Google but with Free Agent I can't remove groups. When I make a
reply the only group that shows up on the Newsgroups list at the top
is the one I'm on at the time. Therefore, I can't crosspost either in
replies unless I manually add the groups back in (not sure I can do
that as I haven't tried).
Sue - computer ignorant.

Actually, unless you've configured it to do otherwise, Free Agent
automatically inserts all the crossposted groups in the header. You
can remove them if you like, or add to them if you like.

Gary

Gunner

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:59:51 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Just goes to show, that great minds think alike, hey?

So Ed, you gonna vote for Dean in 04 or Hillary?
Or is Nader gonna run again?

Gunner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty
is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-- Ben Franklin
Sue

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:15:48 -0400, Gary Coffman
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:34:29 GMT, Sue wrote:
Looks to me as though Lennie is posting through Google. I don't know
about Google but with Free Agent I can't remove groups. When I make a
reply the only group that shows up on the Newsgroups list at the top
is the one I'm on at the time. Therefore, I can't crosspost either in
replies unless I manually add the groups back in (not sure I can do
that as I haven't tried).
Sue - computer ignorant.

Actually, unless you've configured it to do otherwise, Free Agent
automatically inserts all the crossposted groups in the header. You
can remove them if you like, or add to them if you like.

Really? As I said, "computer ignorant". I had the help of a very
good, sweet, patient friend in doing the settings when I first got
this. This was via the phone as he lives quite a ways away (a very
looong phone call). He told me what to do and I fumbled around trying
to do it. I was going to go to the paid version for the benefit of
having the killfile however I wasn't sure if I would keep the present
settings if I download the fancy version. I sent the Agent folks an
e-mail asking about this. Harumph. They didn't reply. You'd think
that they'd be willing to answer the simple question in order to sell
their product. If I lost the current settings I'd not want to bother
said good, sweet, patient friend to help me again. Everyone has a
limit to their patience. G

Sue

Gary

Eric R Snow

So, it turns out a person can vote for a new governor without voting
to recall the present one in california if I heard the court decision
right. Anyway, I was wondering when the regular vote was going to come
up. In 2004? So maybe Gray would have been replaced soon anyway? It's
gonna cost the state about 40 million bucks for this recall vote
according to the news. And how much will be spent on campaigning? It
seems silly, here in WA, what is happening in CA. But that's what 800
miles of separation will do.
ERS

Gunner

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:41:43 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

So, it turns out a person can vote for a new governor without voting
to recall the present one in california if I heard the court decision
right. Anyway, I was wondering when the regular vote was going to come
up. In 2004? So maybe Gray would have been replaced soon anyway? It's
gonna cost the state about 40 million bucks for this recall vote
according to the news. And how much will be spent on campaigning? It
seems silly, here in WA, what is happening in CA. But that's what 800
miles of separation will do.
ERS

Oddly enough..the dollar figures for the cost of the election keep
rising, in proportion to the amount of crying and moaning that the Dems
are doing.

Typical of the Left, to take a simple $10 million dollar project and
raise the cost to $40 million dollars (or $60m some Dem recently said)

Since when has any Dem every worried about the cost to the taxpayer of a
project? Only when its their own ox getting Gored

Chuckle

Gunner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty
is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
-- Ben Franklin
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Sigh., perhaps he brings out my Dark Side. On the other hand, its a
natural tendency for folks to squish a particulary loathsome and
noisisome bug, and when it refuses to stop attempting to sting you, to
use progressivly bigger stomps to squish it.

Yeah but you keep getting the spooge all over *us* when
you do.

Jim

please reply to:

Ed Huntress

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
So, it turns out a person can vote for a new governor without voting
to recall the present one in california if I heard the court decision
right. Anyway, I was wondering when the regular vote was going to come
up. In 2004? So maybe Gray would have been replaced soon anyway? It's
gonna cost the state about 40 million bucks for this recall vote
according to the news.

That's $1.13 per resident. I think many of them consider it a dollar well
spent.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)

Jack Erbes

wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

2. You are crossposting G

Ah but I am not. Gunner why *do* you find it
necessary to kick the hornet's nest so they
fly around in so many ngs? Honestly this is
one of your least attractive features and
I suspect your stock here at rcm would go
up _several_ notches in the eyes of many
regular posters, if you stopped doing it.

Your comment to lennie was indeed crossed
over to a number of other groups, with the
only goal I can figure out, of getting him
further embroiled.

Play nice.

Oh boy! Let's all jump on Gunner!

I agree with Jim, Gunner.

We are friends and it is alright if friends do not agree everything.

But I also feel that if you made your OT posts to rcm only (separate
from posts of the same material to any or all other groups) it would
keep an awful lot of riff raff off of rcm.

I sometimes block threads that get out of hand simply because of some
of the foul mouthed oafs and idiots at large that are hammering the
thread. If the thread was OT but still under discussion by the
regulars here I would probably continue to read it just to see what
folks here think about it.

I mentioned this to you awhile back and you did not comment on my
post. If you don't want to do this, it is not a big deal.

If you use mailing lists, I think you can make one with a number of
newsgroups on it and that will post to a number of groups and let each
post develop its own thread based on the inputs and desires of the
members of each group.

Sue

wrote:

[...]

I agree with you about the crossposting, but "riff raff"? Harumph!!
Well, I never..... G
Sue

I sometimes block threads that get out of hand simply because of some
of the foul mouthed oafs and idiots at large that are hammering the
thread. If the thread was OT but still under discussion by the
regulars here I would probably continue to read it just to see what
folks here think about it.

I mentioned this to you awhile back and you did not comment on my
post. If you don't want to do this, it is not a big deal.

If you use mailing lists, I think you can make one with a number of
newsgroups on it and that will post to a number of groups and let each
post develop its own thread based on the inputs and desires of the
members of each group.

michael

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
So, it turns out a person can vote for a new governor without voting
to recall the present one in california if I heard the court decision
right. Anyway, I was wondering when the regular vote was going to come
up. In 2004? So maybe Gray would have been replaced soon anyway? It's
gonna cost the state about 40 million bucks for this recall vote
according to the news.

That's $1.13 per resident. I think many of them consider it a dollar well
spent.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)

Absolutely! Under Davis (lack of) leadership, the state is going $25 mil or
more into debt daily. A one-time cost of $1.13 per seems cheap to get that
sleaze out.

michael

Lennie the Lurker

Sue wrote in message . ..

Looks to me as though Lennie is posting through Google.

Yes, thanks to the spectacular demonstration of good conservative
policy known as worldcom, my isp doesn't have a newsserver.

I don't know
about Google but with Free Agent I can't remove groups

With google, if a message is originated in something like
alt.hate.everyone, all replies, doesn't matter if you trim or not,
will always include that one, or did before I gave up trying to trim
them. 99% of the gunrunners posts come from some other group. There
is a way even with Free Agent to trim them, just haven't used it for
so long I don't remember. I won't need to know either, by the end of
the week, I'll have blown windows out of the last one of my four
computers, only one of which is on line, and that's the last one of
them. Between linux and windows, windows is the crash car, I haven't
hung linux yet, don't think I will, not even with four desktops
running at one time. and that's only in one computer. There is life
beyond the Blue Screen of Death.
Lennie the Lurker

Gunner wrote in message . ..

Better stay off cranknet gummer, it's rotting what little is left of
that ****ball you call a brain.

California is where reality will never exist. Ask any real person.
They all left California in a hurry.
Jack Erbes

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:37:51 GMT, Sue wrote:

snip

I agree with you about the crossposting, but "riff raff"? Harumph!!
Well, I never..... G
Sue

What the hell did I do? Crosspost my last post? :)

Just joking of course, it is just an expression. I am not one to
attack people for what they say here, but we had a couple of threads
recently that really seemed to draw some vacuous traffic that just
wouldn't end.

If Gunner or anyone else wants to continue one of those discussions
because of the inputs of people on one or more other groups, they can
do that on the group or groups in question and need not punish
everyone on every group with every post everywhere.

And I don't consider myself or this group to be elite or special. But
it is a damn good group, on topic and off, and very entertaining too.

Sue

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:20:31 -0400, Jack Erbes
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:37:51 GMT, Sue wrote:

snip

I agree with you about the crossposting, but "riff raff"? Harumph!!
Well, I never..... G
Sue

What the hell did I do? Crosspost my last post? :)

Just joking of course, it is just an expression. I am not one to
attack people for what they say here, but we had a couple of threads
recently that really seemed to draw some vacuous traffic that just
wouldn't end.

If Gunner or anyone else wants to continue one of those discussions
because of the inputs of people on one or more other groups, they can
do that on the group or groups in question and need not punish
everyone on every group with every post everywhere.

Well, see, I cheat. When there is a thread crossposted from the riff
raff group by Gunner I sometimes sneak over to the other groups to see
if there's anything being said that's been cut from the riff raff. If
I hadn't done that on this occasion I wouldn't even know that I'm riff
raff. Thank God my mother is dead. She'd never get over the
humiliation. ;o)
Sue - shuffling out of metalworking with head hung in shame.

Jack Erbes

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:12:11 GMT, Sue wrote:

Well, see, I cheat. When there is a thread crossposted from the riff
raff group by Gunner I sometimes sneak over to the other groups to see
if there's anything being said that's been cut from the riff raff. If
I hadn't done that on this occasion I wouldn't even know that I'm riff
raff. Thank God my mother is dead. She'd never get over the
humiliation. ;o)
Sue - shuffling out of metalworking with head hung in shame.

A cheater, huh? I've heard about those. We don't get many of them
here. What group are you shuffling back off to?

And I think you meant to say "When there is a thread crossposted from
rec.crafts.metalworking by that riff raff Gunner..." Riff raff are
individuals with no dedicated group of their own that I know of.

And, if you think it would have made your Mom feel better, I don't
think your simply being present here is enough to qualify you as riff
raff. You have to post something that lets you be categorized as such
(no rules apply, we each maintain our own categories). Take a shot at
it, maybe you'll get lucky.

Sue

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:57:31 -0400, Jack Erbes
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 01:12:11 GMT, Sue wrote:

Well, see, I cheat. When there is a thread crossposted from the riff
raff group by Gunner I sometimes sneak over to the other groups to see
if there's anything being said that's been cut from the riff raff. If
I hadn't done that on this occasion I wouldn't even know that I'm riff
raff. Thank God my mother is dead. She'd never get over the
humiliation. ;o)
Sue - shuffling out of metalworking with head hung in shame.

A cheater, huh? I've heard about those. We don't get many of them
here. What group are you shuffling back off to?

misc.survivalism, of course. Home of the riff raff. G

And I think you meant to say "When there is a thread crossposted from
rec.crafts.metalworking by that riff raff Gunner..."

When he crossposts I read them on misc.survivalism and then go from
there.

Riff raff are
individuals with no dedicated group of their own that I know of.

Oh, I'm pretty dedicated to MS although not a survivalist myself.
They tolerate me over there. ) Some have said that I'm sorta like
their mascot. And, some have called me some pretty obscene names.
And, I'm proud of every one of them considering the sources. G

And, if you think it would have made your Mom feel better, I don't
think your simply being present here is enough to qualify you as riff
raff. You have to post something that lets you be categorized as such
(no rules apply, we each maintain our own categories). Take a shot at
it, maybe you'll get lucky.

LOL Nope. Don't want to upset the spirit of Mom (if there be such).
Sue

Don Thompson

"jim rozen" wrote in message

FWIW, at one time a few years ago, the average length of
time that a former employee of a certain large blue company
collected pension benefits was so short it was measured in
terms of months!

Jim

One B M is not the only place that happens. Military retirees also have a
very high death rate in the first months up to a couple of years after
retirement. If you can manage to survive the first couple of years chances
are good that you will collect retirement for a good long while.

--

Don Thompson

Ex ROMAD

please reply to:

Don Thompson

"Lenny the Liar" wrote in message
om...

more liberal foaming at the mouth

Stupid mother****er. RMN was not impeached. Billy Blow Job Klintoon was,
altho not enough honest men in the Senate to finalize the job and convict.

Resignations and pardons? Billy Blow Job and his wife were masters at
pardons and more of his staff were forced to resign over "irregularities"
than any other President in the history of this country.

--

Don Thompson

Ex ROMAD

jim rozen

In article , Don Thompson says...

. RMN was not impeached.

Right, he quit before they could.

Don't let the door hit him on the way out.

Same with his veep, one step ahead of the
shotgun.

Jim

please reply to: