DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Simple Power Supply Again (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/10654-re-simple-power-supply-again.html)

Grant Erwin July 24th 03 01:06 AM

Simple Power Supply Again

Perhaps a newsgroup about electronics?

Barry Criner wrote:
I posted a question several days ago about needing a design for a simple
DC power supply of about 2amps at 12v that is adjustable from an
external pot. I got several answers, but none that gave me a design for
a supply. The supply does not need elaberate regulation or filtering.
Anybody got a design?

Thanks -

Barry

Kevin Doney July 24th 03 01:18 AM

Simple Power Supply Again

http://users.pandora.be/educypedia/e...tssupplies.htm

There are several different power supplies with schematics.

Sunworshiper July 24th 03 02:01 AM

Simple Power Supply Again

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:40:03 GMT, Barry Criner
wrote:

I posted a question several days ago about needing a design for a simple
DC power supply of about 2amps at 12v that is adjustable from an
external pot. I got several answers, but none that gave me a design for
a supply. The supply does not need elaberate regulation or filtering.
Anybody got a design?

Thanks -

Barry

I just got done making another work radio cause the last one got
ripped off. I get a DC power supply of 3 - 4 amps @ 14 v and hook up
a CD and tape car radios with a 12 pin toggle switch to run on only
two speakers. I'm no electronic engineer , but I don't see much of a
problem to put in an adjustable resistor. Go to an industrial
electronic parts supplier.

dann mann July 24th 03 02:59 AM

Simple Power Supply Again

Electric Model aircraft speed control connected to a car battery

David L Peterson July 24th 03 04:41 AM

Simple Power Supply Again

wrote:

I posted a question several days ago about needing a design for a simple
DC power supply of about 2amps at 12v that is adjustable from an
external pot. I got several answers, but none that gave me a design for
a supply. The supply does not need elaberate regulation or filtering.
Anybody got a design?

Thanks -

Barry

cheapo 12v 2amp trickel charger plugged into a variac. Not the
cheapes in the world, but pretty much foolproof and you can still ise
it as a charger and a variac.

Dave

Larry Jaques July 24th 03 05:10 AM

Simple Power Supply Again

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:40:03 GMT, Barry Criner
pixelated:

I posted a question several days ago about needing a design for a simple
DC power supply of about 2amps at 12v that is adjustable from an
external pot. I got several answers, but none that gave me a design for
a supply. The supply does not need elaberate regulation or filtering.
Anybody got a design?

Got a local library?

Guidebook of electronic circuits; over 3,600 modern electronic
circuits, each complete with values of all parts and performance
details, organized in 131 logical chapters for quick reference and
convenient browsing.
Author: Markus, John, 1911-

Modern electronic circuits reference manual Book
Author: Markus, John, 1911-

Handbook of practical electronic circuits Book
Author: Lenk, John D.

The encyclopedia of electronic circuits Book
Author: Graf, Rudolf F.

or anything which says something like "Electronics Cookbook"

http://www.google.com/search?&q=12v+...pply+schematic
gave me 14,800 hits in half a second.

P.S: It's probably quicker, cheaper, and easier to just buy one.
http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=6068+KT is a 1A kit
for $7.89 and their product=14628+PS 12v2A for $10. Their 3-30v
variable bench supply with meters and pots is $25.

Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design

Bob May July 24th 03 08:59 PM

Simple Power Supply Again

There's a number of circuits on the web that are model train power packs or
supplies. Everything from Variac supplies to electronic ones that use all
kinds of output devices. Even a fair number of them are PWM designs which
are very good for controlling motors.

--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less.

Glenn Cramond July 24th 03 09:05 PM

Simple Power Supply Again

Barry Criner wrote in message ...
I posted a question several days ago about needing a design for a simple
DC power supply of about 2amps at 12v that is adjustable from an
external pot. I got several answers, but none that gave me a design for
a supply. The supply does not need elaberate regulation or filtering.
Anybody got a design?

Thanks -

Barry

Hi Barry,
This page has schematics for just about everything
http://www.commlinx.com.au/schematics.htm
There are more than 100 power supply schematics one of which should
suit your purposes.
Glenn

Pete & sheri July 31st 03 03:06 PM

Simple Power Supply Again

Use a battery charger and a variac. Or, just use any isolation
transformer, a variac and a full wave bridge rectifier.

Pete Stanaitis

Roger Foster July 31st 03 03:22 PM

Simple Power Supply Again

Better put some filtering on it. Battery chargers do not put out pure DC
but pulsating DC. Look at it on a scope.

Check out this site. Pick out the design you need. All the power supply
schematics you have ever thought of and much more.
http://www.commlinx.com.au/schematics.htm

Roger L