Steven Van Densen

Default workshop

what is a good size workshop ?

Jim Stewart

Steven Van Densen wrote:
what is a good size workshop ?

Ansel Adams was once asked what is the best
camera to use. His reply was "the biggest
one you can carry"

The biggest one you can get.

Tim Williams

"Steven Van Densen" wrote in message
what is a good size workshop ?

Infinity.

Tim

Ken Davey

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Steven Van Densen" wrote in message
what is a good size workshop ?

Infinity.

Tim

Stuff expands to fill the space available.
There is no end to stuff.
Infinity is the ideal answer.
Reality is much smaller.
There are *many* shops that are too small.
There are *no* shops that are too big!

Hope (really) that this helps.

Ken.

michael

Jim Stewart wrote:

Steven Van Densen wrote:
what is a good size workshop ?

Ansel Adams was once asked what is the best
camera to use. His reply was "the biggest
one you can carry"

The biggest one you can get.

Only if there is room for expansion.

michael

Jesse L Zufall

It depends entirely on what you plan to accomplish. For years I tinkered
away in a 20X12 garage and found room for tools, reloading bench and
occasionally a car. I was not doing any type of fabrication and my number of
tools was somewhat limited, but I found enough room to get the jobs at hand
completed. I am now in the process of setting up my 1944 sqr ft shop and it
is all I can do to walk through it! My hope is to fab a few truck parts once
it is completed, but right now that is looking like a distant pipe dream.

I have to agree with Mike regarding the heating bill. Definitely a
consideration.

Jesse L Zufall
http://zufalls.com/Our/Barn-House.htm

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I
may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the
hell alone.

"Steven Van Densen" wrote in message
what is a good size workshop ?

wws

"Steven Van Densen" wrote in message
what is a good size workshop ?

Maybe Boeing will put some hangars up for auction.
If NASA buries another one in red dirt,there could ne a Very Large
Assembly Building for sale.

wws

Glenn Ashmore

Take what ever your wife will let you spend. Add what ever amount you
think you can hide. Multiply by a "Sorry dear. Didn't think it would
cost so much" factor and divide by the sq. ft. cost. :-)

Steven Van Densen wrote:
what is a good size workshop ?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Alan Moore

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:07:03 GMT, Sunworshiper
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:13:37 GMT, Alan Moore
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:53:16 -0700 (PDT),
(Steven Van Densen) wrote:

what is a good size workshop ?

It helps if you can move work from one tool to another in less than an
hour.

You could get one of those airport baggage carts and put tool chests
on the back and a trailer for the work .

I like forklifts.

Of course, you do have to be careful...

http://users.erols.com/viewptmd/Oops.JPG

Al Moore

David L Peterson

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:53:16 -0700 (PDT),
(Steven Van Densen) wrote:

what is a good size workshop ?

Bigger.

Dave
Eastburn

My Grandfather had a barn that was 4 times larger and many times more
than the two story farm house.

Barns always were built larger and stronger.

Why not a shop... Just like Granddad! :-)

(I never knew him - but he raised Morgans. He ran teams of Morgans
across his large farm - and loaned a research farm to Purdue in
those days. All was taken by the state when he died - women
couldn't own property. Grandma had a College degree in Chem. and Math.
She taught school (college) way past retirement - she could and
forced the school to let her - she didn't have to but wanted it.

They were progressive but the laws did them wrong in the early days.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

Workshop Wiring - Prep work before Electrician jonni UK diy 26 July 19th 04 08:48 AM
Workshop Electrics - Good Reference? pmakesp UK diy 14 June 23rd 04 01:02 PM
workshop vac, Trend T30AF or Fein QA35E? Marcel Jansen UK diy 1 May 10th 04 09:23 PM
Garage / workshop tzd3sw UK diy 2 September 18th 03 05:46 PM
Garage / workshop inner walls Kris UK diy 6 July 30th 03 10:41 PM