Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Michael

Default Lead vs. Babbit

I recently picked up an apple box full of scrap brass pins and chunks of
what I assume are mostly lead. All the bits came from the old box factory
that used to be in town (circa 1950 if I remember right) and I was
wondering if there was an easy way to tell the difference between lead and
babbit before I begin to melt any of it down. The babbit would be nice to
save for when the bearings on dads 32" bandsaw pack it in and they need to
be redone. Any info is much appreciated...

mike